Thursday, July 22, 2010

of course, if you dub anything "ninja," that automatically makes it cool

I'm generally the last to know about anything new and cool. I remember vividly standing in front of my high school students about 12 years ago exclaiming how mad I was that they'd kept the awesomeness of laser tag away from me. Nerf Cosmic Keep Away? Discovered it last year. The LCR dice game? Learned about it in Utah. I'm a fool for games, board games, parlor games, card games.

Last week I learned about this, the coolest game since Capture the Flag (which I would play every single summer night if we had enough willing neighborhood kids). I mentioned it to my oldest and he replied, "Yeah, we played that at camp all week."

Well.

Reader, I bring you the supreme awesomeness of Ninja Slap. Besides being so much fun to play, it's pretty fun to watch, too.



Spill it, reader. Have you played Ninja Slap? Have you seen it? Isn't it the most fun?

13 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I'm mixed as to whether the boys would love it or take 2 seconds to turn it into a full blown ninja brawl :) Yesterday, we came super close to #1 having a boxer's fracture after thinking he could do a little "wax on, wax off" move to block #3's attempt at a kick! (They had a Karate Kid marathion at my sister's last weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I would completely ROCK at this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about ninja slap, but I WOULD SO JOIN IN A NEIGHBORHOOD GAME OF CAPTURE THE FLAG! I rocked that game in our neighborhood back in the day.

    Let's get the M's grandchildren around and start a game! I know Farmer would play too....

    heck, who needs kids? let's play an adult version! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of that. But then again, I tend to be behind the curve on most things.

    So, are your boys slapping at each other all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. never heard of it either, but I'm usually lagging behind in all things 'cool' these days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of it either. I could see my boys taking that to an all out slap-war.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so funny! I've never heard of it before but will for sure be giving it a try!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like something my kids would enjoy but I don't quite get it! As for me, if you say you're having game night at your house and it includes kick-the-can, I'll be there on the double. I loved that game when I was a kid. We lived in a huge house on a corner and all the neighborhood kids met at our house every night to play that and seven steps around the house and, what was that called? Red light green light, hope to see a ghost tonight. If you're looking for the most fun board game out now, check out Settlers of Catan. We love that game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my kids did that all the time - we just called it fighting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such the mom of a tribe of boymen. I think I'll have to pass on Ninja Slapping.

    Hey, your new header is FANTASTIC. I love the color.

    M, I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. While that does look cool, I think I would be AWFUL at it.

    On the subject of ninja stuff being cool, I was looking at a smelly pen yesterday with the scent of 'Ninja Berry'. WTH?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never in my life. Hey, we just discovered SillyBands. Homeschoolers... Psh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well....I am surely the last to hear about everything.....gotta check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.