Thursday, August 5, 2010

even the political jokes had me howling

We were invited to join a group of people at a comedy club last night. It was a very nice invitation as most of these folks have kids attending the parochial school we're sending Mr. T to this fall. Everyone was kind, welcoming, excited to have Mr. T at this school, genuinely interested in knowing us better. It felt lovely to be included.

I got the skinny on behind-the-scenes things at the school that the teachers and principal would never share, bolstering my confidence in our choice. I admired how fun these people were. Really, really fun.

And then the two comedians took the stage. My stomach hurt from a particularly well-devised torture the day before at the dojo. It hurt worse--my face hurt too--from laughing so hard.

Today I'll write a thank-you note to Don and Molly, the couple who generously invited us and introduced us around. A perfect opportunity to use nice stationery--like the FABULOUS cards Erin makes at Ink Obsession Designs. The same note cards I'll give away to one lucky winner chosen from this week's commenters. Leave a comment, you have a chance to win a box of Ink Obsession Designs note cards. I'll pick a winner Sunday.

Spill it, reader. Who will you thank today? For what?

13 comments:

  1. Nice lead in with the stationary comment! I'm not too sure who I'll thanks today... my brain is still far too asleep to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thanking my kids for there presence in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thanking my Mum and Dad...they're coming to help me get ready for baptism today.

    I will thank my mom-in-law, who came to watch the girls last night when I was instantly crippled by a miagraine. It was a big bad scary one. ICK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've only been to a comedy club once, but enjoyed it a lot. It's great to have a really big laugh now and then.

    I'm thanking you for making me think about who is important in my life so I can thank them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good question...thanking my awesomely supportive husband for encouraging me to go on another yoga retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thanked Therapist Lady for agreeing to make late appointments especially for me, when we resume at the end of the month...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! Nothing better than a welcoming crowd in a new situation. Sounds like you did indeed make a wise decision in choosing that school! :)

    I'd like to thank my mom for coming with me and the kiddos to the sprinkler park today. It is always more fun for me to have her there. And I'd like to thank my boys for sharing their toys with all of the other kids at the park. They were very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thank my dad for staining my shed today. I thank my husband for all the times he's had to mow the lawn this summer. It seems like every 3 days lately! I also thank the people who brought our trailer we had for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thanked the principal of our high school for enrolling our exchange student. It's a long story that I will now blog about--but, boy am I relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say thank you to my husband for putting in the AC even though I don't prefer AC, but he is unreachable on a trip. It has been opressively hot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *oppressively

    d'oh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today? Hmm. My mom for being nice to me and for letting my kids be themselves. It's hard to see kids like mine (medically, neurologically weird) and not try to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a day behind but yesterday I got to personally thank an Air Force captain who just returned from Iraq last week. This gentleman is a priest and was given permission by the bishop to take a six year leave from his duties in Northeast Wiscosnin to become an Air Force chaplain. His story about what life is really like over in Iraq was fascinating. He's back in the U.S. for a bit and will be shipping back out to Afghanistan in the near future. What an awesome guy.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.