I found a swimsuit I love. Seriously. Check it out:
It's a tankini by Carve and this very style (different colors/prints) is ON SALE right now at Title Nine.
Why do I love this swimsuit?
1. The price isn't obnoxious. I'm cool with spending $80 on a suit if it fits well and stands up. I'm not cool spending more than that. On sale, with shipping, this suit rings up under $70.
2. Tankinis rule because when you have to go to the bathroom, you only have to pull down the bottom half.
3. Tankinis rule because without plastic surgery I have no stomach for a bikini anymore.
4. The fabric is really nice and thick. I'm rough on my suits--swimming almost every day, sitting on a concrete deck, exposing the fabric to sun and chlorine. My Carve tankini from two summers ago looks brand new still. It washes up well and does not get stretched out or transparent under any circumstances.
5. The bottom coverage is good--I'm almost never adjusting it. And if I didn't shave perfectly, it's not a big deal.
6. The top coverage is fantastic--the gathering at the top is flattering on a small-chested gal like myself and it's lined so I don't feel like the star of Nipplepalooza. The sides are adjustable with drawstrings, so you can tie it low for maximum coverage or a bit high if you like your tummy peeking out.
7. The straps and top design are great for active swimmers and mom-types. I have a lot of water wars in the pool with Team Testosterone and even with all 3 monsters hanging off me, trying to sink me, my top stays put. No "wardrobe malfunctions" with this suit.
8. It's cute! Face it, skirted suits make you look matronly. I like coverage without looking like I'm trying to cover up. This suit doesn't scream "I am frumpy!" It screams "I am surfer chic!"
I love this swimsuit I bought another one just like it only in a blue print. Because putting on a damp swimsuit is no fun and Mr. D says I can't swim in my underwear just because my swimsuit's in the wash.
Consider this a Public Service Announcement if you are or if anyone you know is having a Swimsuit Crisis. The Carve tankini is the answer. Available at Title Nine.
Spill it, reader. What perfect article of clothing have you found to wear?
Green Girl is not paid by Title Nine (damn it), nor was she compensated in any way for this endorsement. She only wrote it because a good thing must be shared with friends.