Monday, September 20, 2010

weekend by the numbers

5 good friends trek Up the Hill to watch Another Part of the Forest at American Players Theater. A play in the woods is always fun--we laughed and chattered, drank (the buttery Chardonnay!) and ate (the brownies!) and stayed out way too late.

4 bowlers form a new team for the Friday Night Couples League. I bowled a non-record-shattering 416. I expect we'll dominate the league, our new bowling partners are very good.

3 touchdowns at flag football Saturday morning! Mr. B had one, Mr. G had two.

3 miles successfully ran for Black Belt Candidate training--by 3 runners. Mr. T ran the best time, Mr. B kicked it into high gear to beat me at the end. I? I ran for moral support.

2 delicious lasagnas, made from my mother-in-law's recipe. One for Sunday dinner, one in the freezer for later.

1 quiet walk through the prairie and field on a sunny afternoon, followed by 1 perfectly ripe pear from our tree. Yum.

13 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Oh Lasagna--how I loved thee! Freezer meals are genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a perfect lasagne recipe from my mother-in-law. Perhaps I shall whip out a batch or two this Thursday when it's my day off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the freezer meal this weekend as well. Chili enough for Sunday dinner and the freezer and a couple of extra batches of ground turkey and onion for soup or Shepherd's Pie later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post.
    We were so tired from vacation that all we did this weekend was read the Sunday paper, one load of laundry and post the vacation pics to facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful weekend! mine was pretty good - but I'd trade it in for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Your post is like a number book.

    Like Boynton's "One hippo all alone, called two hippos on the phone..." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh is this oozing contentment! Like!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect weekend
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice. the lasasgna sounds wonderful. i need to try the freezer thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good weekend. We're on a couples bowling league for the first time ever. Our first game is next Saturday. I'd bowl what you did in about 4 games though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect. Lasagna is the kind of dish to make ahead. If hubs has a day off, maybe I can talk him into it. I'm out of energy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're weekend sounds like it was lovely! Ours was hot and sweaty and tiring - hubby had a motocross race and it was freakin 108 at the end of September. bleh. That's what we get for living in AZ.

    Oh, and it's so funny that you would say you have 'hair envy' - because my hair is usually always in a pony tail because I think it sucks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that sounds like a lovely weekend peppered with bits of all sorts of good things.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.