Wednesday, October 6, 2010

lovely things

Kat, my dear bloggy pal over at Seeking Sanity, you're the winner of September's FABULOUS--your choice from Kathy's Four Dog Day Etsy Shop! Congratulations! Go pick out something lovely for yourself!

Speaking of lovely things, here are five:

1. Yesterday after depositing Mr. T at school, I watched him wait at the door to hold it for a mother and her daughter and their wheelchair. Without being asked or told.

2. The shop that fixed my Momvan pointed out that they chipped my windshield in a spot I'd never have noticed. A new one is coming on Friday--on them. Their honesty impressed me.

3. My new haircut--and Kristy gave me a new product to use, it's supposed to go on curly hair, but it it smooths and coats mine so my grey hairs don't stick up like random antennae. I sure appreciate that.

4. The crispest, crunchiest, sweetest, perfectly proportioned Empire apples we picked last Friday. So delicious.

5. WORDS by Everynone (discovered at MISSion Amy K.R.):


9 comments:

  1. So lovely to see kindness in the little things in life!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHH!!!!! That is so awesome!!! Thank you so much! I'm a winner! WOOT WOOT! I'm on my way over there RIGHT NOW! :)

    Way to go, Mr. T! Stuff like that just melts your heart, doesn't it? It also shows you are doing your job, mama! :)

    And WOW on the windsheild. Honesty like that will be rewarded with loyalty you can bet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does a momma proud! And a new hair cut on top of a free new windshield---sounds like a banner week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not at all surprised that Mr T is a young gentleman.

    I taught my kids to hold doors for the person behind them ,every time. I'm amazed at adults who never learned this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since not everyone teaches their kids to be door-holders it is even more impressive.

    Have your boys had the experience yet of holding the door open for one person only to have the next 15 people take advantage of that? It drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's awesome (your little guy holding the door). love the honesty of the repair shop, too.

    congrats to Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...you have a very cinematic EYE, chica verde. Jim Morrison would have appreciated that. (a.k.a. James Douglas Morrison)...did you know he went to film school, in addition to being a poet? Oh, and, y'know...that thing he did with the band... ...
    * ; )

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.