Friday, November 5, 2010

anecdotal

Scene: The other night. Mr. D and Green Girl lay in bed. He had control of the remote and flip-flip-flipped through the channels. She had the latest Title Nine catalog and flip-flip-flipped through the pages.

Green Girl: Wow! I would love a pair of those.


Mr. D: Really? That would be awesome. I'll buy you a pair.

Green Girl looks up in surprise--Mr. D never voluntarily buys her things like boots. Then she sees the TV is showing an advertisement for Victoria's Secret:

Green Girl: Oh. I meant these boots. Not a pair of those.

Mr. D: Forget it then.

24 comments:

  1. HA!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Amazingly, you summed up married life in a few sentences ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I needed this to make me smile this morning!

    I linked this over at Kate's Library as part of the Friday Five.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a dry sense of humor. And a great pair of boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son liked the last picture. He's staying home from school and looking over my shoulder. I think he's feeling better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is *SO* something my husband would say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious. Oh men. Maybe you could compromise and wear what he wants with the boots you want?!?

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, goodness. The man may need a little boot in the booty for that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The boots have got to be cheaper. Don't you have a bargaining chip with that? Plus, they'll make you feel like a super model!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pair... ;) (I can't believe no one else said it...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is seriously the best blog post of all time. I've been sharing it with everyone I can. I still laugh when I think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. booooooo! Love the boots though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That would have been the same conversation we would have had at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha - good you looked up and made note before he went ahead and started planning your holiday gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would say that sounds like my husband but I'm already quite top heavy so no need to buy any haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. After that crack I think he owes you the boots!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.