Bullet points, that is...
* Thank you for the screen stories. From your comments I now have many job offers as a window washer and know I've made the right choice about keeping my screens off over the winter (per Martha, people, the Diva of Domesticity!).
* Had a very nice visit with my sister this morning over coffee and met her new boyfriend. People, for the first time ever I think she's found a good one. No visible tats, decent job, in good physical health, good-humored, solid social skills, dressed in normal clothes, capable of intelligent and stimulating conversation. Added bonus: little sister looked cute in boots and leggings and funky dress.
* Experienced a multi-tasking FAIL yesterday. Was eating string cheese with both hands full and reading computer screen when a sneeze came on. Kept mouth closed so as not to splatter chewed cheese onto laptop. Sinus passages crammed full of cheese bits as a result.
* Have I mentioned that my sneezes are really loud and violent and explosive?
* Like my hiccups, there's nothing delicate or cute about them.
* Have taken to killing the box elder bugs in my house. They've become aggressive, even crawling across our dinner plates and books, acting as if they own the place. The boys are creeped out by them but I've given them no notice because they neither stain surfaces nor bite. But their numbers are biblical now. It's termination time.
* In karate we're learning a new bo staff form. So far I really, really like it.
* Last night I saw a commercial for a new science fiction movie on TV. At one point a character growls "Vaya con Dios" to an alien before blowing it to bits. I thought that was a strange thing to say to an alien--"Go with God?" Really? Methinks the screenwriters presume people cannot translate basic Spanish phrases so they just put in stuff that sounds cool. Just as dumb to say "Enchilada suprema!" don't you think?
* After school I'm bringing Team Testosterone to the Dells to spend the night at a waterpark. Happy early weekend!
Spill it, reader--do you have fun weekend plans?