Thursday, November 18, 2010

things I've learned recently

(gratuitous photos of Jax to come tomorrow, I promise)

1. Dark roots on light hair looks much better than light roots on dark hair. That? Just makes a person's part look like they're going bald from a distance. And it freaks me out. (note to self: if decide ever to dye hair, go lighter than natural hair color, not darker)

2. I look pretty darn good wearing teal. Must buy more shirts in that color. (note to self: you seem pretty obsessed about appearances today--cut it out)

3. Those great door handles we put in our house when we built it? To make opening doors easier for children? Also make opening doors easier for dogs. (note to self: get a gate)

4. According to my agent, my main character in my MS is funnier when she's "self-aware." I'm figuring out what that really means. (he's right, of course)

11 comments:

  1. I never thought about that with the light roots and dark hair! I've got to find someone with that now so I can laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to learn! Love teal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If teal is your color, go for it. That's the very reason why I have so much emerald green in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My color is aqua (teal is good, too). I wonder why I wear anything else, but I suppose that would get boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wear a lot of pink. i don't know why or when i got on a pink kick and didn't realize i had so much until i hung my shirts/blouses up according to color. pink takes up a lot of space, followed closely by red, the aqua, black, green, and brown. not much in the green or brown realm though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) I've often thought the same thing!!! Freaky, that "invisible part".
    2) Recently thought that about myself as well, though teal is one of those colors I hate in theory. (Don't know why...don't ask.)
    3) Oooh - good point. Hubster recently said he wants to put those in. (the "hook kind"?)
    4) And "self aware"? That's not just some hocus pocus made up thing? What exactly does that mean?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure a self aware character knows when her roots look best--especially when she's wearing teal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If your agent is talking to you about anything in your book, that is a very good sign. It means he's reading it. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doggie-proofing the doors must be something like baby proofing. Think so?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mom was a beautician - so I already knew one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok Number one is HILARIOUS and I know what yu mean!!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.