Thursday, December 23, 2010

very merry

It has come to this--for the price of a medium latte (no flavor)I have access to what I've discovered are two vital components of my existence: a computer and Internet access. Shepherds abide in their fields at night and my computer abides on the desk of a tech.

I'm looking at this sudden unplugging as a mandatory "time out." To hike in the woods under the stars. To dust the corners beneath the furniture. To examine my ambitions and desires for the year to come. To meditate on the peace and goodwill brought by God at Christmastime.

So, from this computer at a counter at a coffee shop I wish you the merriest of holidays, full of laughter, health, blessings, peace and at least a few moments of silence so you can appreciate the power of God and the gifts of love.

And now I'm off to the bathroom because the guy who used this keyboard before me had mayo on his sandwich. Ew.

14 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours! I hope you enjoy your time off and get a well-deserved break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy both your plugged in and unplugged time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, GG! Internet is my life-blood. True story here. Ew on the mayo dude. That's all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just might be the merriest Christmas post ever. Except for the part about the mayo.

    Enjoy!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you have a very merry christmas! get out the hand sanitizer, too - especially if you're using a public computer... ewwww those keys on keyboards are nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep! I agree. It is definitely a must to unplug around the holidays. Good for you!

    I hope you have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to all of your family. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy repair to your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just snowshoeing in the woods with my family. The silence was beautiful. So, I totally get it.

    Enjoy hiking in the woods under the stars. You will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas and a Happy and healthy New Year. I have missed you and your blog this week! This computer thing can be a "time suck" as Sarah says, but it is great for us old people.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.