Wednesday, January 12, 2011

leaving on a jet plane

My beloved Mr. D (he is beloved when he does super-nice things for me, of course) gave me one of my favorite kinds of Christmas gifts this year: the kind that fits into an envelope. You see, all kinds of good things fit into envelopes--things like certificates to massages, tickets to shows and concerts, and plane tickets.

Reader, I'm so excited to shuck off my snow boots next month and fly somewhere warm. Sweet heavenly sunshine, sand and surf! And did I mention that I'm going alone? That's right--sans Team Testosterone.

My flight is booked and I'm busy-busy-busy making big plans to visit my dear friend K in CALIFORNIA! Among awesome activities we've got on the docket: eating at one of the restaurants featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives.

Knowing I'll be blissfully barefoot outside in February sure helps take the edge off the wind chill today.

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful! You're going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Christmas present! I hope you have a blast in the California sun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! And enviable. But I forgive you. :) Diner and drive-in away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds wonderful! i LOVE Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (probably got the name wrong...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats funny. Just today I had the first "I wish I could escape winter for a bit" thought. Enjoy!

    In other news, I started Freedom by J Franzen and I totally get how you were sucked in to reading it for hours one day over break. What a great story. I love his frenetic, haphazard storytelling style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous!

    Have a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!! Enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny. I was staring at the snow outside this morning and thinking Happy Thoughts about the warmth of Honduras in February. Yay for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beloved is exactly the right word. GREAT gift!Have so much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! A trip!!!

    And I am dying to know...what diner or dive will you be dining at?? (I love that show too! *haha!) BBQ? Pizza? A tall burger? You know we'll want pictures, Greens!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for you!!! So exciting! way to go Mr. D!

    We're heading out in February, but just to Sheboygan....off to the waterpark with my girlfriends and their families for a weekend! Farmer's off, and we're running away! :) Hooray for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's a keeper!

    I've been thinking about California a lot lately. We visited San Diego a few years ago, and I LOVED it. (But many parts would have been quite a bit better with no kids...) I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You LUCKY THING! I hope the sun shines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You LUCKY THING! I hope the sun shines!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You lucky thing! (Well deserved, though.)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.