People, I'm staring through the doorway of a new decade. It's crazy. I don't feel grown up. I mostly goof around all day writing and practicing my bo staff and knocking around in the woods. Hell, give me a 6-pack of crappy light beer and a flannel shirt and I could pass for a 21-year-old boy. I earned no detectable income last year (according to my last SSA statement). I still haven't figured out how to wear lipstick or eye shadow and I never wear high heels. When I was little, I totally thought I'd have that stuff nailed by now. Being grown up and stylish meant owning matching bra and panty sets (another FAIL) and coordinating sweater sets (FAIL) with gorgeous jewelry (FAIL). IRL, I wear t-shirts, blue jeans and the clunky yet super-warm Sorrel snow boots my old boyfriend Boomer gave me 20 years ago for Christmas so I could go ice fishing with him.
You can imagine my surprise when Abigail over at Leviathan Amours gave me this award:
There are the rules for acceptance of the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
Thank you, Abigail! No one ever calls me "stylish" so I'm flattered as all get-out.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
1. I spent the summer after high school working at the Lillian Trasher Egypt in Asyut, Egypt. I hope everyone there is safe during these scary times.
2. I like my eggs over easy so I can dip my toast in the yolks.
3. I crack my knuckles probably 50 times a day.
4. I heard Rush Limbaugh on the radio the other day. Since I often say disparaging things about him and his ilk, I realized I'd never really paid any attention to his show and tried to give him an honest listen. I made it almost 5 minutes before I changed stations. He is as offensive and foul and reprehensible as I've always assumed.
5. Marigolds are about the only flower I truly don't like.
6. I woke up the other night and had no idea where I was. I had no idea who the guy next to me was, either. It terrified me. It took a few minutes before I figured it all out.
7. I never listen to popular music. About 15 years ago I quit caring and with very few exceptions (like Lady GaGa, she kind of stands out of the crowd) I couldn't name any groups or artists or recognize them on a bet. In this regard I realize I am more like a 71-year-old man instead of a 21-year-old boy.
3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
Alas, I shan't! I'm going to instead invite anyone interested in passing this along to snag it. Besides, if I qualify as stylish, every other blogger I know is SUPER-stylish.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Plus I'm lazy.
Spill it, reader. How aren't you grown up and stylish?