Tuesday, February 15, 2011

praises

I'm back from Orange County, California with a touch of color; relaxed, recharged and ready to face the duration of winter. Oh, what a time I had! But you'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear all about the beaches and meeting San Diego Mama and Jenn at Juggling Life.

You see, I came home and called the pediatric neurologist the following morning. He and his nurse were busy, so I left a message for his nurse to call me back. "They generally don't have EEG results for 7-14 working days," the receptionist told me.

I voted, got gas, restocked our fridge and pantry and returned home to a blinking answering machine. The nurse left a message for me to call her back.

My heart sunk as I dialed. They only want to talk to you in person if it's bad news and I'd told them it was okay to leave a message.

Alas! The nurse was with a patient and would return my call.

I put away the groceries, puttered around my kitchen, loaded the washing machine. My nerves jangled, my heart thumped and I prayed for good results and for grace to fill the gap if Mr. T's seizures remained.

The phone rang again and I picked it up.

Mr. T's EEG came back normal.

NORMAL.

NORMAL!!!

Thank you, God. Thank You for curing my son. Blessed be Your Name.

Thank you, dear friends, for praying for Mr. T, for holding him up in your thoughts and encouraging me while I waited on this fantastic news.

I'm off to jump for joy now--seizure free! No more meds! No more blood draws! No more fretting and hoping! Hooray!

38 comments:

  1. Woohoo! The exact news you were praying for--wonderful, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Amazing news! So happy for you all!

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy about the great news....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah baby! That's what I'm talking about...give him a high five from his buddy here! Sweet it is! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, bad typo. Take two...

    That must be the best thing EVER to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent news for the whole family. Take a deep breath and let it out slowly, savor the looseness in your shoulders and neck. YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, now I'm bawling for you. I am SO HAPPY for Mr. T I just can't stop bawling. So, so happy. :)

    Congratulations to Mr. T and you and the rest of your family! I think this calls for a little celebration, yes???? :)

    God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and thank you for telling us so quickly. I was checking my reader constantly to see if you had a post up about the results. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm going to sing a hallelujah chorus!!!

    So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's wonderful news! So happy for you and Mr. T!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOORAY!!!! Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. doing a happy dance right now for you!!! Super news--hope that you guys are celebrating big time tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet it is! God is Great!

    Big hugs to Mr. T from his girlfriends across the field!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tears of joy streaming down my face!
    Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful news!
    I'm thrilled for you all.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. YEA!!!
    being "Normal" has a whole new meaning...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goosebumps. Tears. The whole she-bang! GOD IS GOOD. GOD IS GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad to hear this wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so excited I'm practically crying. This reinforces my faith in the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YYYYYYYYEEESSS!!! doing the happy dance I usually reserve for Packer Super Bowls - this is wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am SO happy about the news.

    And I absolutely cherished meeting you in person. You were everything I knew you'd be through your writing.

    Really enjoyed K too.

    I hope I get the chance to see you in real life much more often.

    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great news! God is good! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.