* I love having a kid in kindergarten. It's the most fun. He comes home enthusiastic every day. Mr. G talks in a LOUD VOICE and announces what he learns each day when I pick him up. On Monday he told me, "MOM, DID YOU KNOW IF THE GROUNDHOG SEES HIS SHADOW IT'S ALMOST SPRING? I REALLY WANT THE GROUNDHOG TO SEE HIS SHADOW. DO WE HAVE GROUNDHOGS AROUND HERE? CAN I SEE THEM? WHERE DO I GO SEE THEM?" and so on and so forth. I get a real kick out of him.
* Mr. G is also cheering for the Steelers this Sunday. A couple of his buddies from school are devoted Steelers fans, so he's climbed on board with them. Mr. B has informed him that every time the Packers get a touchdown, Mr. B will beat him up. Is it too much to hope for no score?
* Mr. T has begun the requisite Hunter's Safety course.
* My coffee tastes very bitter today. This is funny because I've been feeling bitter lately. Could there be a correlation?
* Oh that blizzard last night! So many roads were drifted over. In summer we say, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity." In winter we say, "it's not the snow, it's the drifting." It was awful--we could barely see, the wind was so strong. I heard gusts were over 40 mph. We'd hit these drifts and the snow would fly up. Several roads had only one passable lane and I prayed we wouldn't see any oncoming cars. We got all the way to the end of our driveway and that is where the Momvan finally got stuck in a giant drift.
* I really really really hate shoveling out the Momvan in bitterly cold windy snowy weather. Incidentally, the boys were discussing hell in the Momvan and Mr. G said it was full of fire and you'd burn your feet. I rather think it could be freezing cold instead.
* Fun fact: those fighter jet flyovers before every Packer game fly over our back yard approximately 7 seconds after you see it on national television.
* Now the wind has stopped and the sun is out. Our driveway is beginning to melt and I swear to you it feels balmy, even though it's only 20 degrees right now.