Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ch-ch-ch-changes

It's funny how I pause each night and each morning to grab Mr. T's pills--and then realize that he doesn't need them any more. Old habits die hard--I wonder how long before I accept the new normal. Two other happy discoveries since he's been off his medication and seizure-free: his tremors have subsided, improving his penmanship (which, frankly, can always use help) and he's sleeping a little less. He used to sleep a hard 11 hours a night--a bit much for a healthy 11-year-old boy. No drugs, better penmanship, better sleep. So. Darn. Nice.

The robins are here! Since Wisconsin weather is notorious for jerking people around I distrust most "signs of spring," but I'm confident in robins and crocuses. (Yes, I'll be tromping around in the yard today checking for crocuses.)

I've mentioned that I contributed to a little book about writing, specifically about finding a writing network and how to navigate publishing options in the Age of the Internet. You can get a copy of Writing in a Changing World at amazon.com now--if you're a writer or know someone who writes, it's a pretty useful book.


Six days until baseball starts and Mr. D becomes a scarce commodity around here. Mr. B had his first tournament team practice last week, Mr. T's wrestling season wraps up on Saturday and we're in the throes of Boy Scout Merit badges (2 of which I'm leading). I've cleaned out the kitchen cupboards and ordered my garden seeds. We're shedding our mittens and heavy coats and tracking in the mud. Spring brings flux to every part of our lives. Changes. I'm ready for them.

Spill it, reader. What's changing for you?

19 comments:

  1. My waist line. I cannot stop eating those darn girl scout thin mint cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to teach and yoga and that's bringing changes. Lots of them. I'm having to find that "inner teacher"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so glad to hear about Mr. T! Yay! What a nice change... to have good news and have things go well! (Knock on wood.) ;)

    We finally got some warmth... and flooding because there was so much snow and then BAM a "heat wave", so it had nowhere to go. Yay for us! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were just talking about the robins around here. We spotted some this past weekend and again this morning. Very exciting.

    Also exciting, I took my first outdoor run in about 4 months. It is so nice to get off the treadmill and head outside again. Tho the wind was a bit strong and it was still pretty chilly, it was still a very welcome change. :)

    Did you see the mid-fifties in the forecast? Woot woot!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOHHHHHH!!!!! And so good to hear about Mr. T's added benefits! Medicine is so nasty (although necessary) to the body sometimes. I am so happy he is off the meds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just returned from a nice walk outside. Not sure who is more out of shape me or the dog. Hmpf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to Suburban Correspondent I have a new addiction--Words with Friends on my phone. So. Much. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, sent you an email chica!

    (just a heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too much to fit in a blog comment box, that's what's changing! Thanks for recommending the writer book; I'm surrounded by them right now, and that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The biggest change I've noticed is how easy my 3 mile walk has become. I used to start feeling my muscles burn at 2 and 1/2 miles and now it doesn't happen at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to start exercising seriously again. I've been walking the dog everyday, but I'm anxious to get back on my bike. And maybe slide back into pilates. Or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cut my first daffodils of the season today :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm curious to hear which merit badges you are leading, and how that goes. I volunteered to be a m.b. counselor (Personal Management, and Music), but not a single scout has called on me yet.

    What's changing - my oldest child is finishing up her senior year of high school. Big changes coming this summer & fall, because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really happy to hear your son is doing so well. That's awesome! And congrats on your book! I will have to check it out.

    As for changes for me -- not much at the moment. I'm still trying to reach my weight loss goal, but not sure if I can do it before our trip to WDW in May.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, we're about to enjoy some temps in the high 70's through the weekend, so I guess I'd better get some polish on my toenails so I can wear flip flops. And J3 is about to descend upon us for the weekend after his trip to Destin for spring break, so I guess the change will be his fresh, clean room. It will take no time at all for him to make it stink again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was amused and a bit pleased that Mr. T's status was a topic at our small group the weekend we returned from our February trip. Glad to hear of the added benefits to no more meds!
    Your mention of crocuses makes me wish I could shed my black thumb and successfully grow something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not much is changing for us. Glad to hear that Mr. T is going au naturel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. yahooooooooo! I hadn't read up on Mr. T's outcomes from his recent tests but am so glad to hear this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.