Thursday, May 26, 2011

a little strange, a little sad

Our phone has been ringing off the hook for Sara Patel. Or Sarah Pattel. Or maybe it's Sara Patelle. Whateverhername, she's been a busy girl giving out our phone number as hers--all over California. The first call came at 2 a.m. the other night, followed by another at 4 a.m. asking about our order for a "Storm Server." The only reason I kept talking to the guy was because it sounded like a computer thing, which incidentally is Mr. D's line of work AND they do business out in California. It took 2 groggy grown-ups about 5 minutes on the phone to ascertain that someone had the wrong number. I got three more calls for Sara/Sarah that day, one regarding a job, one regarding an order. At first I was peeved (Two in the morning! Come ON!), but after the third call for her, I realized this was all a big mistake. She's someone tech-y, in the L.A. area, and she got one digit wrong in the phone number she's passing around. I'd call her and let her know, but her number's always busy when I try her.

(ha-ha! you got that, didn't you?)

So, Sara/Sarah in the L.A. area, giving out my phone number to potential employers and to order equipment--I'll pass along your messages just as soon as I track you down. Unless you gave your/my number to this guy:


Yeah, Bradley--call me! I'd love to meet you for a drink. Just give me a couple hours to get there...

In other news, I read today of Kathy over at Four Dog Day--she had stopped posting last fall--I assumed she was busy crafting, but then her Etsy shop closed, too. But then she posted on her Etsy shop something about a family illness. I knew of her new grandson, thought perhaps she was busy enjoying him and other new ventures, and I hoped all was well. Oh, the clever things she sewed --aprons and pillows and bags. I featured her last September as my FABULOUS. It grieved me to read that Kathy wasn't busy crafting, sewing, gathering nifty vintage things to sell in her shop. Instead of dandling that sweet grandbaby on her knee and whipping up throw pillows, Kathy was fighting cancer. Cancer won and her family and friends in Illinois are poorer for it. Say a prayer for their peace and comfort during hard this time, won't you?



15 comments:

  1. I hate calls in the middle of the night. That's why I turn my phone off when I go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! What..this ISN'T Sarah's blog?!?!?

    What a hard post to write...praying peace over Kathy's family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, cancer just took Sarah of Spruce Hill blog recently too.. She fought so long and hard. It's hard to see people disappear here in bloggy land due to the Big C. Just sucks.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very sad, and I am praying for that family's peace and comfort.

    The phone calls sure sound weird and annoying. Hope they stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear about your blog friend. Very sad. I will say a prayer.


    I bet that Sarah person is wondering why no one is calling her back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah's not likely to get hired if she's handing out the wrong number.

    How sad about Kathy - my heart goes out to her family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be really, really, really mad about those middle of the night phone calls. We used to get impassioned voice mail messages every few months. They lasted several minutes and they were all in Chinese. We feared someone out there was really, really upset that a family member/loved one was never returning their calls!

    I'm so sorry for the loss. Hugs for her family and the friends :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad. Cancer seems to be taking a lot of lovely people lately :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. condolences for your blog friend.

    as for the phone calls, can the phone company give you any help in locating Mz Sarah?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so sad about Kathy. I'm all teary from what you wrote. I will pray for her and her family tonight.

    As for Sara, whaaaaat?! WEIRD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you kidding????? How bizare. Praying hard for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the phone thing would tick me off.

    That's so sad about Kathy :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. How annoying. We got a bunch of calls when we first moved here, all for the same guy. I think he was doing the same thing to avoid creditors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is your chance to have an alter-ego!!! BE Sara!! How fun.

    Sad about Kathy! I didn't read her blog, but it's sad to hear that cancer has taken another...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its funny I keep getting marketing calls for a Sarah. Debt collectors, people selling diabetes equipment, the whole nine yards. I'll have to ask for a last name next time they call.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.