Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Eve Tree winner!

I have to tell you, it's no easy thing getting into a groove this summer. I've got half-finished projects all over the place (things involving sump pumps and a fort, the potager and karate school stuff) and just when I think I'll have a couple hours to wrap something up and cross it off my list, along comes someone or something to interrupt me. Our hired help (AKA "The Manny") started yesterday. He's a pitcher by trade, so I'm thinking of calling him "Speedy" for his fast ball. Nice kid, hard worker, gets along swell with Team Testosterone. But the first few weeks involve a lot of direction and training before he's 100% helpful.

For new readers, Mr. D helps out one of his ballplayers and gets a summer "Free Pass" on his chores by hiring them to work here part-time. Between Team Testosterone and the field work, the garden and miscellaneous chores, it's nice to have an extra pair of hands. I don't nag at my husband for 3 months and manage to stay up with everything. Plus it's a cherry job, involving a lot of life guarding duty and no FICA withdrawals.

Linda, over at the exquisitely written "Being Green" (seriously--go check out her site--her photographs of her beautiful children are positively inspiring, and then she has to go WRITE well on top of it!) is the winner of The Eve Tree. I do hope all you losers find a way to get a copy, it's such a wonderful book. Norah, email me your mailing address and I'll get your copy en route.

One more thing, if you've read Rae's book, please post a review on Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Good Reads to spread the word. It's a helpful thing for writers to have reviews posted, I know I read them when I'm looking at buying books. (And boy do I wish I'd read more reviews of Cleopatra before buying it in hardcover--the Bumble Book Club has picked another book that is split between 5 stars and 1 star reviews and I'm afraid I again fall into the 1 star camp.)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words!! This made my day. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your Summer should be in high gear shortly.

    Sorry to hear about buying the 1 star hardcover. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a manny...and now I'm hopping over to read a new blog!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.