Monday, July 25, 2011

in pictures

We entertained heavily all weekend--finally dumped out the ice, put the coolers away, ran a final load of towels through the wash and got caught up with the dishes. Fun times had by all, but equally pleasant to kick back and be quiet today. As I bask in the lovely post-party bliss of a clean floor and leftover raspberry pie (homegrown with REAL whipped cream), I'm thinking of "good things" to share:





This stuff is awesome. SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense, SPF 50, broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen. Tinted, water & sweat resistant, paraben free, chemical-filter free. A sweet nurse from a local cosmetic surgery office gave me a free sample to try in North Carolina and I loved it. I had NO sunburn/tan, it did not feel greasy or heavy on my skin and it lasted really well in the surf and sand. I bought a bottle of it from her today--cannot recommend this product enough to my outdoorsy friends. Fabulous protection, worth every penny. (I'm not keen on product promotion, so you know this is serious when I tell you to check this stuff out.)

Have you caught Zen on Masterpiece Mystery? It's fantastic.

Mr. B playing baseball--he did okay as catcher, but really shone as a batter. His final tournament game was pretty cool--in the second-to-last-inning, he hit a double with 2 RBIs, really helping his team pull ahead. In the final inning, they got through the entire batting order, a great finale to the season.

He looks pretty sharp in that uniform.


video

Team Testosterone has been making movies, movies starring a big black dog. Behold! Even the Coen brothers started out in their own back yard, right?

17 comments:

  1. Way to go Mr. B! Nice video boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. B looks so cool in his uniform.
    And now, with regard to your budding film makers--look out Coen Brothers. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coen brothers backyard movies? I'd like to see that!

    My bff and I remade Wizard of Oz on super8 when we were 13 or so. If we had today's modern equipment back then....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't get the movie to work, but that's my bad. I'm not technically minded. :P

    I would love to try out that sunscreen. It looks like it would work for my Irish heritage skin.

    Hope you continue to relax and enjoy your summer. Yay for kicking back and doing nothing! ..... Wait a minute -- what IS it like to do that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that puppy doing his thing - splish- splash - he was takin' a bath ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lotion sounds great! I've been using the Oil of Olay Pro X for a while - it's pretty pricy though.

    Yay for film making!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zen...oh my word. That man's EYES. Of course, it took me awhile to get past the variation in accents...some Italians have an Italian accent, while others...don't.
    Still, I'm enjoying the series. I haven't read the books, but I do like the Inspector Montablano series which are set in Sicily .

    ReplyDelete
  8. !! that was awesome !!

    this could be scuba Jax.

    * = )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like summer. Sounds like summer - baseball, visiting crowds and the quiet cleanup after they leave. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only imagine the types of videos my boys would make---could be a fun adventure (but most likely it would involve bodily functions!). Too Cute with them trying to get the dog to do his trick! Very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like a wonderful weekend! Batting in 2 RBIs is so exciting, whether he scored himself or not. Is your boy a T-Rats fan? I should say your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jax is a good puppy.

    I like it when Jax looked straight in the camera lens as if to say "These dudes think I'm a show pony! It's too hot to do tricks!"

    Excellent movie, guys. We'll be going to the theater to see your productions soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll take photos of your cutie boys over photos of mutton-chopped men in breeches any day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great pictures! Mr. B looks cute in his uniform.

    pie... sounds yummy, especially homemade. delish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! I was wondering why they were making that pup stay in the water. HAHA! That was worth the wait. Love it.
    Love the commentary too, "That was awesome!" heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  16. They should get together with He Who Cannot be Named!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.