Saturday, August 27, 2011

tuned in and waiting

All I can do is think of my friends and family sitting on the coast right now--it's awful to watch the Outer Banks getting pummeled and to know more people sit in wait up the seaboard. This morning Mr. T and I recognized our beautiful vacation spot on the television and worried together while watching the news. Whether they're hunkered down to wait it out or sitting in gridlock trying to get out of town, I'm praying for everyone's safety and minimum property damage.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your prayers. Almost my entire extended family lives somewhere in the path of this storm, but not as far south as the Carolinas. They are hunkering down rather than evacuating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that must be pretty scary right now. I lived in New England for a few years and have lots of friends and surrogate family there. I pray for their safety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's worrisome. We're accustomed to prepping for blizzards and taking cover from tornadoes, but hurricanes are different and scary. I hope everyone is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said. my son's girlfriend lives in new jersey, near atlantic city. found out everyone in her family is safe. that was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of my extended family is okay, thank God. My brother's house doesn't have power, but they can function for a few days using their trusty camp stove. Whew.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.