Monday, November 7, 2011

happy ending

I caught the sword.

My relief made me giddy.

Now I'm free to concentrate on a few other things, like a book launch party, wrapping up revisions on my other manuscript and clearing a path through the Back 40 so I can cross country ski this winter without getting snagged on branches and dead trees. My desk is buried in paperwork, the boys have play dates planned, there are dentist appointments and haircuts to orchestrate. I've also asked Mr. K, XMA Guru, to teach me the rest of the sword form because I'm feeling up to the challenge. Maybe the sword is my weapon.

I will post a video of the catch as soon as I can get my hands on one, pinky-promise.

Meanwhile, spill it, reader. What's making you giddy this morning?

13 comments:

  1. Great job not droppin the sword! Let's see...I'm giddy that I only had to change one set of bedding last night after being woken up with the phrase "mommmm, I puked!"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not giddy. I am just very content.

    Excellent job on the sword catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!!!! That is so awesome!!!!! I can't wait to see the video! :)
    Congratulations!


    Hmmm. I'm not very giddy today. It's Monday. Ho-hum. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I read this post, because now I can be giddy. Because you caught the sword! I hope in addition to feeling giddy you also feel triumphant because I think your karate accomplishments are amazing. I am in awe that anybody could do this. Your boys must be jealous that you get to play with swords.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm giddy because you caught the sword!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on catching the sword!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Congratulations!!! I'm giddy because in just two weeks I get to leave for my very favorite weekend of the whole year... walking the 3-Day for Breast Cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing the video! (I am giddy from lack of sleep, but I don't think that quite counts ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay you!! I am happy because I have fabulous friends, and they make me forget the drizzle of Dorset Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I just read your last few posts and I can't believe you had to do the sword thingie alone (yaaaay for the catch!)...but mostly, I can't believe you had to do it to MUSIC. I've seen demos here in town, but not to music. I mean, um, music?

    Okay, so you got through, and now you just get to be as awesome as you are, worries about the public aspect of it all aside. Still, to MUSIC?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.