21. Flowers--all of them--lilacs and daffodils in spring, asters and coneflowers in fall, tulips and petunias, phlox and bee balm, daisies and sunflowers and begonias.
22. The crisp taste of peas and beans eaten while standing in the garden.
23. The smell of tomato plants.
24. The sound of the boys landing perfect cannonballs in the pool and cheering each other on.
25. Creative sons who think outside the box.
26. My writing group--Marni, Lauren, Nina and Mariana give the best feedback and advice.
27. Living close enough to grocery shop inside of an hour, but far enough away to wander the back yard in my pajamas without shame.
28. Frost, especially when it covers bare branches, highlighting the intricate design of trees and shrubs.
29. Birds. The flash of a red cardinal on the tree outside always makes me smile and their chatter wakes me up in the morning. Everything is made more pleasant with birds singing in the background.
30. Getting to bring my family to the OBX this summer and experience the most glorious summer beach vacation.
31. The Bumble Book Club--a great group of women who choose awesome reads month after month.
32. The parents who invest themselves in our community; those people who coach, volunteer, sell concessions, organize school dances, lead Boy Scouts and run the PTA.
33. The old man who picks up the litter along our county road this spring. Every day I saw him out there after the snow melted, every day he'd fill a plastic shopping bag with trash. When I run along our road, I don't see everyone's garbage and it's thanks to him.
34. My friend Sarah who is honest and funny and true.
35. My girlfriends, Nicole, Maggie, Cindy, Kara, Stacy, Mary and Kari--even if I only see them once a year or once a month, getting together with them is like slipping into my most comfy sweatpants.
36. Farmers. They work long hours in all kinds of conditions to feed us.
37. Public libraries.
38. Starry skies at night. No matter how many times I look up, the view still amazes me.
39. A phenomenal church where I can go and grow and raise Team Testosterone in good faith.
40. The Cubbie leaders serving with me on Tuesday nights. Their dedication and enthusiasm is a blessing.
41. Jax, who is a sweet companion as I putter around outside.
42. Because it's Tuesday, sanitation workers because even though we don't generate a lot of trash, I'm thankful they deal with it for me.
43. Wool. Really miraculous stuff.
44. Daily newspapers.
45. Royal weddings, because they're quite fantastic.
46. For that matter, all of England.
47. Rico's Family Restaurant.
48. Alice and Bud, who are such generous friends.
49. The smell of line dried laundry, and clotheslines made by my grandpa.