Tuesday, December 20, 2011

for grins

Your comments have been so sweet--and I've already received the best feedback on Whipped, Not Beaten--people are LAUGHING. That pleases me to no end! My neighbor gal just sent this to me:

You NAILED a scrapbooking party....they are so obnoxious, and I'm a dedicated scrapbooker! ;) Also, the horrors of the kids at a home party, coupled with the dog, are writing perfection. I've experienced both issues, along with pet fur in the food, and so I was laughing thru the entire chapter. :) I never understand why parents let their kids run like crazy people at a home party like that...it annoys everyone, except, of course, that one strange mom who dotes on little Junior. :)

I'm loving the book! LOVE IT! :) I'm so proud of you!

(However, I'll be mopey at you in the morning....I'm going to spend alot of time into the wee hours reading and be tired all day tomorrow.....but it's all good!)

Since it's been all book-book-book (say that fast and you sound like a chicken) around here, I feel like we should take a breather and look around at the other stuff.

Outside, Jax is currently hauling out the recycling, one piece at a time, to various spots around the yard. Helpful dog.

Team Testosterone had their Christmas concert at school--it went predictably well. Adorable little kids, incredibly resentful bigger boys, self-important bigger girls all sang familiar songs with varying degrees of enthusiasm. Mr. G decided such an Important Event required neckware, so he borrowed a tie from Mr. D:

Funny boy.

We received some steaks in the mail from my folks and Team Testosterone enjoyed An Afternoon with Dry Ice:

Kitchen science.

I've only seen ONE Christmas movie so far--Friday night Team Testosterone and I nestled into my bed and watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, which remains one of the worst movies with some of the catchiest tunes. Upon this viewing I noticed the cozy cottage on the Island of Misfit Toys was tricked out with window boxes--with blooming flowers in them.

Tonight Mr. D and I are going to shop for gifts and I have Grand Ambitions of watching a few holiday flicks before the end of the week. Tomorrow is Jen on the Edge's Annual Holiday Home Tour, so I better grab a dust rag and a camera.

Spill it, reader. What's making you grin?

13 comments:

  1. Mr. Man has me grinning....I just gave him a tubby and he laughed the entire way thru it! He obviously thought something was funny!

    Enjoy shopping night with Mr. D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on the flowers in the window boxes - totally going to look for that when we watch it again. Which will probably be today. It's the 5 yr old's favorite movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Island of Misfit Toys always freaks me out a little. W'ere going to watch The Christmas Story sometime in the next few days -- I know that will give me a laugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. We (Rob, Emma, and I) are singing Christmas songs in the evening. Rob can not hold a tune, and Emma is still developing the ability. Every time I hear the three of us, I have to laugh because we sound truly horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been watching a lot of Christmas movies so far -- almost one a night. We've even watched Elf twice.

    That's great about your book. I'd love to read it.

    Funny you mentioned you didn't have any snow (on my blog) either. Isn't that just the weirdest thing? We've been in MT six years now and this is the first time. There's a bunch in the forecast, but it looks like it's going to hit the day after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The UPS guy just left my copy of Whipped, Not Beaten on the front porch! That's definitely worth a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorority Girl made me snort/laugh when we were shopping today. I'm blogging it tonight.
    She cracks me up!

    We own "Twas The Night Before Christmas" and my favorite is "Muppet Family Christmas". I'm sad that it isn't on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oohhh.... i need to see about getting that book. scrapbooking party and home parties in general, eh?

    i've watched the original miracle on 34th street this year but that's about it. i'm just not in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After I'm done working tomorrow I have 12 days off :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ordered my copy! I've been mentally mocking the scrapbooking crowd for ages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can imagine everything is book, book, book around there. It is so exciting!!! I can't wait to get a chance to sit down and READ it!!!! :)

    Yes on Rudolph. We were watching it the other night and I just about spit out my tea when Donner tells Rudolph's mom to stay home because searching for Rudolph is "man's work". HAHAHA!!! Crazy. Still love that stupid movie, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it? I am glad to read I am not the only one who thinks the whole Rudolph story is quite horrible. We read both the book and its sequel (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Shines Again) which is again blaming the bullying on Rudolph.

    I missed the blooming flowers part. I'll be on the lookout.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.