Friday, December 16, 2011

launched!

And I tell you, it feels like I AM in midair right now. I don't believe my feet have touched the ground yet.

My dear Bumble pals Char & Robin drove me to Stevens Point and we located the DUC without incident. Then we tried to locate the room when I spotted the posters promoting the book on walls! Oh my!

The staff at Cornerstone was lovely. The venue was gorgeous. The home party ladies lining the room were sweet. There were door prizes and of course THE BOOK!

What a thrill to actually hold it and thumb through the pages!

There was mingling and then some speechifying. Steve Zahurones , Cornerstone's President, gave a phenomenal introduction. I'm telling you, look out for this guy--he's going places. Just warning you. Per Henningsgaard said the most flattering things about me. And then I sat up on the stage under a spotlight and perspired (or did I glow? who am I kidding--I was sweating) through my little rambling speech about the book and where it started and how it ended up at this point. I read my 3 pages.


When I finished, a line formed of people wanting ME to sign their book. The kindest, sweetest, nicest people. A lovely woman from Italy who asked me to unpack the title's meaning. A tall, slim woman who wants the dress I wore and knew it was from Title Nine and she would look better in it than I do. A blonde woman who bought the book for her adorable 9 month daughter (who promptly began chewing on the corner of the cover after I handed it back). Gorgeous twins who bought the book for their mom. A man who bought the book for his grandma, but he sure liked it, too! A woman who writes history, a woman who writes poetry, the Mary Kay rep (who wore the most fabulous red coat), the Lia Sophia rep (who I'm totally calling to collaborate with should I ever write a sequel to Whipped, Not Beaten), the Cutco Cutlery man (who had the biggest smile) and the Pure Romance woman (who I want to host a party because it would be a blast). People from the Alumni office working to launch my book for an alumni book club this spring. The people from the press to whom I am so thankful--all they've done, how hard they've worked on my behalf. Wives, roommates, co-workers and interested citizens. It was a blast meeting all of them!


It still makes me dizzy to think of it--all those books sold, the charming people who wanted to meet me--even going to Char and Robin to ask if I'm really "like that in real life" (they assured people that I am "like that"). Heck, even a radio ad that they replayed for me to hear since I live out of the listening area.

It was positively glorious.

I feel so blessed.

33 comments:

  1. WOW! What a wonderful launch!

    I'm so proud of you and all that you've achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it was a WONDERFUL time.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed! What a fantastic Christmas present! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, you looked gorgeous!

    I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can't wait for my copy to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I just got my copy today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to come to the Appleton Launch! Very proud to call you friend! You have worked hard for this honor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is awesome! you should feel very proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there really going to be an Appleton launch? I didn't order one yet because I hate to pay so much on shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm so happy for you! so glad that it was wonderful and will give you lots of memories!

    you look fabulous - and positively glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And I just got your book in the mail today!!!!! I haven't even had a chance to take it out of the package yet, but I am so freaking excited for you! I can't wait to read it!

    Congratulations to you and your amazing book launch!!!!! All the success in the world to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait until the elves are in bed so I can crack open the book!

    So excited for you and so proud as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, color me a little slow because it JUST NOW occurred to me that I can buy your book! In a store! A book written by someone I almost, kinda, sorta know!

    Congratulations! What a thrill and how proud you must be! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. I'm going to try to get to the Appleton book signing tomorrow. We have our family Christmas party but I may be able to sneak away after Santa makes his appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!!! I wish I could have been there. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! Sounds like a great first experience. I'm watching the mail for my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing, wonderful, brilliant.

    Warmest congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very happy for you!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAYYYYYY!!!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO exciting!!! Congrats to you on this most amazing and fun step in your life. You are incredible - I will def be reading that book of yours! If you're coming on a book tour to Oregon, I'm totally there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have been so far off the radar and missed this wonderful, exciting news! SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on living your dream! I am absolutely giddy for you here--I mean it. I "get" how much this means and how worth you are. Seriously, to live that dream. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yeah for you!!!!!! You must be busting with pride...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That reads like a wonderful evening. You must be so proud! I know I am. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.