Tuesday, January 3, 2012

sorting

School's back in session and I'm sorting and filing and tidying and folding. I kept thinking I should make some goals for 2012, but three kids plus buddies made things so loud hectic around here that I didn't get around to anything requiring thought or reflection. The past week was mostly reflexive effort--feeding, refereeing, shoveling paths so I could walk through Chez Green Girl without crippling myself on Lego pieces.

Today the carpet cleaner is here to remove the remnants of Mr. G's stomach flu. I filled the pantry, washed the dishes, caught up with the laundry and emptied a full inbox thanks to yesterday's Eco Women post getting Fresh Pressed. I've still got a karate school newsletter to finish, dinner to plan and A Very Important Errand to Run.

Tomorrow I will make goals. That's a noble goal. Today I'll sort myself out so I can think with a clear head.

9 comments:

  1. A Very Important Errand? Does it involve a pap smear? A girl can hope...

    Today, the house is blessedly quiet for a few hours--yup, with the kids back to school. I hit the wall with insane kid energy when two friends slept over Saturday night, and they all spent time dragging each other around the floors inside their sleeping bags, nearly knocking over the Christmas tree in the process. Man, was I ready for them to head off and learn some spelling and fractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be in the air. I've been on a cleaning kick lately too. The house looks nice, but I'm exhausted now.
    I keep thinking I should come up with some goals or hopes or something too. I just don't feel like it. I think my goal should be not to have any. Ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes making a goal to make goals is enough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids went back to school, but they left behind an empty pantry, full clothes hampers, and assorted clutter just to prove they'd been here. I wonder if it's too late for me to go back to school?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two of my kids are back at school, but I still have a college kid hanging around who eats the leftovers for lunch when I had intended them for dinner. I tried to clean off my desk, but got nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make a goal to set goals: works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ran away for the afternoon---heaven I tell you, absolute heaven! We're working on short term goals, 30 day challenges and such...should be interesting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much going around right now. My oldest threw up Saturday night. My youngest got pink eye Sunday morning and gave it to me by Sunday night.

    We haven't all felt 100% in almost a week.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.