Thursday, February 23, 2012

prepped

I've got the house cleaned, wine chilling, cake frosted, butter warming (for cornbread), book read, bathroom scrubbed and table set for the Bumbles tonight. I feel so pulled together right now that I'm positive I've forgotten something.

Team Testosterone has no school this afternoon, so I'm taking them and their buddies to play laser tag. Yes, I have ulterior motives--keeping my house clean AND getting to play laser tag. Win-win.

I demonstrated a few of my new bo staff tricks to my karate pal, L, last night and she told me they look good. The most complicated one involves spinning it around one leg while I turn--it feels really awkward, but apparently it looks cool. Will have to enlist a kid to videotape it just so I can see for myself. The boy who teaches me these bo staff tricks is incredible. He makes everything look amazing.

And now I've just looked outside and noticed our yard. Yesterday was recycling day and the dumb dog goes around foraging and brings back cans and jars from other people's bins. Of course Jax's treasures are all over our yard, making the dead lawn look even worse--if such a thing were possible. At least he doesn't crap in our yard, so we've got that going for us...

11 comments:

  1. Amongst friends, what does it matter if we've forgotten something. I would love to see a video of the stick thing. It sounds awesome. "the stick thing" -- how out of it am I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your night! Slightly envious of the ship-shape house as I sit at work with a pink eye thoughts of laundry and dish mounds!

    Also, you have many exciting interests, and yet you sound pretty grounded and like you have lots of normal at-home with-family times. I love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a dog and not having to pick up dog poop? That sounds like the absolute BEST kind of dog. :)
    There is an eighth grader at my boys' school who just got his 2nd degree black belt in karate and I just can't get over it after hearing about all you went through. Amazing. I'd love to see that spinning turn kick thing. Sounds super cool! :)
    Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny that your dog littered your lawn with bottles and cans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, would like to see the video, and only partly so that I can understand what a new bo staff is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol - he doesn't crap in your yard. hahahahaha! bet the recipients of the crap isn't so thrilled. we had a dog that didn't want to poop in our yard, too. she didn't want to "litter" our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a great time with the Bumbles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice job! I'm impressed with all you got done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laser tag is fun...too bad I suck at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you had a great book club--and I hope you're enjoying your birthday today!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.