Friday, March 2, 2012

2 bad things + a forecast

When you see that many trucks lined up in front of a house you know things are complicated. I'll share this much: the traffic in my driveway involved a hot water heater (and we have radiant heating and it's winter), carbon monoxide, drilling a hole in my basement wall to ventilate a small room, a partial power-shutdown, no water and a big bill.

The work began Wednesday, resumed at 6:45 Thursday morning until the wee hours

and continues as I type this today.

First a head lice scare and now this. I'm supposed to leave town around 4:30 to head to the Dells for a weekend with my girlfriends. A weekend we planned in December. A weekend I've anticipated for 3 long months. There will be wine, wonderful food, enormous amounts of laughter. Weeks ago I booked a Thermal Mud Wrap at a very chi-chi spa. I've coordinated meals for Team Testosterone for the weekend. I haven't been away from my family for any substantial length of time in over a year. I. Need. This. Weekend. Away. And now the weatherman says this shit is coming.

Regardless of what happens, I WILL be swilling wine by 9:00 tonight.

23 comments:

  1. Can you outrun the storm? Hurry, Melissa. Hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I hope you make it! You so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave now, and start swilling early. I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might be in the car, but that's okay, she's not driving:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels. And if today brings anything like the recent "storms" you'll be looking at brown fields and leaf-less trees on your drive, rather than snowflakes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely need to get away! I hope you have THE BEST time!! Next time, come on down to Houston! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As CHM said, leave now and start swilling early!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Run like the wind!!! Shit/Snow, it's all the same here...and yes, it's already started and it's a MESS! I'm so ticked that we've had more snow in the last week then we had all freakin winter...grrrrr!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, and have a super fantastic weekend! Even their website is relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leave early and ENJOY yourself!!!!!
    It sounds like the PERFECT time to be leaving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in the Dells too this weekend! We arrived yesterday. So far we have about two inches. Not too bad. Safe travels and have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you can get away with your friends this weekend. My friends and I get away twice a year and we schedule it about 3 months ahead of time too or it would never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a great weekend doesn't it suck when you make plans and the weather doesn't want to co-operate and other things don't go according to plans......

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look away for two days, and you're talking head lice and a thermal mud wrap!

    Two words about lice: hair gel. Lice hate it! (And it smells better than kerosene!)

    And I can't imagine a better place to be than wrapped up in warm mud while it snows out... Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh ugh. I'm hoping you get away and have some time to get all muddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You go, Green Girl! You're a Wisconsin driver. You can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's 10:09 p.m. I bet that second (third??) glass of wine tastes gooooood! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So no snow all winter until you need to take a long drive? Isn't that the way. I hope you made it and you're feeling very relaxed now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's all ants all the time over here.
    With a side of wood rot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's Saturday morning now. I really hope you made it to your weekend and are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've really earned that time away. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.