Thursday, March 22, 2012

garden march

Tromp? Stomp? Stroll? I didn't exactly march around my yard to take these pictures, but it is March, so there you have it. The bed by the front porch is full of green shoots (and leaves--hahaha).

First clumps of daffodils, which I've already cut to put in a vase on my kitchen table. I'm terribly fond of daffodils. Once I had a goal to plant 500 bulbs. Now I'm on pace to watch 1,500 bloom every spring.

Lilacs budding--which means walleye are running if you're from these parts. (When the lilacs bloom, the white bass are running. Fish/fauna/flora/fun fact.)

This camera Mr. D gave me for Christmas has a terrific zoom lens--here's a fat robin in an apple tree--I was over 100 ft. away.


Forsythia in all her blowsy, bawdy glory. I've planted 5 in our yard, in various places.

The crabapple trees have the most leaves, but everything else will join in by next week, I'm sure.


There are other things in bloom, too--willows and crocuses. All this loveliness makes the razor burn on my shins totally worth it.

17 comments:

  1. I love spring. And my zoom lens, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard is really looking beautiful. And that Robin, what a great camera!
    Okay. Almost time for leg shaving here also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! My forsythia is in bloom right now. I had one daffodil bloom, for 2 days. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our neighbor's tulip tree is in full bloom...I love it....wish its flowers lasted longer (and then didn't drop all of its wonderful petals in our yard lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pics. We just moved in december and there is absolutely nothing in my yard. We have lots of planting to do.....just wish this rain would go away. Will take us forever to dry out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back home, I hear, we had snow again today. Lucky for me, I'm freeloading with my hubby who's at a conference in TX ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daffodils are just spring in a flower. I love seeing them pop up.
    And I LOVE the way you describe Forsythia...the loose one of the plant world ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love any kind of garden tour! Enjoy your bare-legged weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thinkI should plant daffodils, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! We haven't seen any sign of spring yet. Got hit with a bunch of snow on the first day of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a lot of blossoms on the azaleas and lots of buds on the crepe myrtle and magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are so gorgeous!! Not a green thing growing here yet, though I look every day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's all beautiful--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are in full bloom here. I love spring.
    Pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's so amazing that everything is already in bloom in Wisconsin! You must be having the loveliest Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay Spring! I just shaved my legs too, for the first time for the year... A personal record! Magnolias are blooming out of my office window (Outside, the magnolias are blooming? Sentence needs a rewrite)AND, all of the students are on Easter Break so it's really quiet around here. Bliss!

    I hung my washing outside this weekend, too. Smells nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! You've just inspired me: I may do my next post with photos of what's happening out in our yard right now...

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.