* Still daffodils. So many of them.
* Two sons tall enough to collect the laundry off the clotheslines now.
* Baking a ginormous lasagna and eating off of it all week.
* A visit with my dear friend Alice, a rare and wonderful woman. We spent most of the time talking politics--from the 15th-17th centuries. She's that kind of friend.
* Bud (Alice's husband) looks better than the last time we visited. At 89 that's no small feat.
* Kind words from people regarding the election.
* Starting to nail the fan form.
* Watching a fellow karate student (the senior D brother, for those of you in my dojo) do the most amazing open hand form he'd made up.
* Easter! Whether you're celebrating forgiveness through Jesus or jelly beans--or both, I hope you enjoy a restful weekend with people who love you.
Spill it, reader. What pleasant things make you smile this Friday?