Monday, June 25, 2012

just a small town me

living in a lonely world...

Everyone got that earworm from Journey lodged in your head now?  Good.  Now I'll announce the winner of M.K. Graff's second Nora Tierney mystery, The Green Remains (drumroll)

Small Town Me!  Woot!  Woot!  Congratulations!  Email me your mailing address and I'll get your book on it's way to your lap! 

I dropped Mr. B off at camp this morning.  It's his very first time going to Lake Lundgren Bible Camp and I cannot wait to hear how he likes it.  He'll only be gone 3 nights--it's a junior camp.  Already Mr. G has begun bribing Mr. T to sleep with him so he's not lonely.  Mr. T drives a hard bargain, which is surprising--the beds in B&G's room are comfortable and Mr. G doesn't snore.  You'd think missing one kid would ease the running around here, but Mr. D's still got to coach the game Mr. B will miss and we still have the other soccer/baseball/karate/summer school stuff to keep us hopping until I retrieve Mr. B on Thursday.

I haven't mentioned this year's hired help, have I?  Mr. D always hires one of his varsity baseball boys to do his "honey-do" list all summer long.  It lets him off the hook so I don't nagnagnag at him all summer long, gainfully employs one of Happyland's youth and keeps me happy because stuff gets done.  This year's kid is quite tall, so I've decided to call him TB for "Tall Boy."  Right now TB is pitching balls to Mr. G who cannot seem to get enough ball this summer.  Last night he came home from tournament team practice wanting somebody to play catch with him.  He's a nut.  A very talented nut.  TB makes Mr. G very very happy, too, because he's always game to play catch or pitch to him.
 
And now, dear reader, I'm off to pick raspberries before it gets hot again here.  I'll be jammin' later.





6 comments:

  1. Do you have raspberry bushes or do you go to a you-pick place? We went to High Cliff yesterday and drove past a pick-your-own raspberry patch and it's all I've been thinking about since then. Fresh raspberries are my absolute favorite fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raspberries. I can only dream about picking those....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love raspberries! When I was a teenager and had better knees, I would ride my bike out of the city and stop at the first raspberries I saw on the side of the road. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, the hired help has a name! Tall Boy is a good one - I will picture him as the tall, good-lookin' Arkansas left fielder I ogled last weekend.

    Congrats to Small Town Me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I am so excited to win the book!!!! I hope your son has fun at camp! My own personal Tall Boy is at camp this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You grow raspberries wow that is great I would love to grow some fruit here hubby grows vegies but me I am a fruit person..........

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.