Monday, August 20, 2012

good day!

I've mentioned my neighbor gal, J, who's about the most fun neighbor in the whole wide world.  (Which is saying something because we have really great neighbors out here.)  She's the one who I joined at 3:00 a.m. to watch the Royal Wedding.  We share a pumpkin patch, garden produce (she grows the best cucumbers), children and advice.  She's a Bumble Book Clubber with a LOT of history knowledge, so we rely on her when we read stuff by Philipa Gregory.  (Seriously, she even has a ginormous family tree explaining the Tudors and we make her bring it to meetings as needed.)  J tells the best stores and has a really funny sense of humor.  She's craftacular, she enters stuff in the county fair and she always makes me laugh.  And she's a prize-winning cheesecake baker.  The woman has a gift in the kitchen.

In short, I have an award-winning neighbor who is the best kind of girlfriend.

J was on TV this weekend--I'm so proud of her I have to share:





Doesn't J totally deserve her own cooking segment?  Down home, Midwest fabulousness.


Good neighbors doing good things.

Spill it, reader.  Who's your favorite neighbor?

10 comments:

  1. So Cool! I just purchased some blueberries yesterday and think I will have to try a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Award winning recipe! Love that and the fact that she is your neighbor too. I watched the blueberry buckle recipe and it's something my husband would LOVE. He's sort of a blueberry kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention her HANDS in my post--aren't they gorgeous? When they do the close up during the cooking show segment I feel so jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And she's so comfortable in front of the camera! Such poise! That cheesecake recipe sounds fabulous, and I'm jealous of your having such a great neighbor. We have not gotten to know any of our neighbors out here, except by way of waving at each other as we ride by on our lawn mowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty is definitely, hands down my favorite neighbor, although we are lucky enough to be surrounded by lots of good ones.

    She definitely needs her own cooking show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I've gotten lots of congratulations and accolades after my debut in front of the camera this weekend, but this is the first one to make me tear up with gratitude. :) Thanks GG....I wonderfully appreciate the dedicated blog post and the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those recipes look amazing!

    I have some wonderful neighbors--right now I'm particularly pleased with the 5th grader next door who will be feeding my dog for me for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's a hard one...I'll have to think on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, HistoryGirl! Such a natural on camera! And CHEESECAKE is one of my favs!!!! :)
    Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The family downstairs :) They are patient, generous, also have 3 kids, and smile a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.