Thursday, November 1, 2012

gluttons

It's fair to say that Team Testosterone takes Halloween VERY seriously.  They costumed up directly after school and we swung by Grandma A's house first because she loves the boys and they love her.  (Look at her--ready for the trick-or-treaters--you love her too, don't you?)

After giving love to Grandma A (and Grandpa B), we turned west and joined our old neighbors for the rest of the night.  A, the H's second daughter takes Halloween even MORE seriously than Team Testosterone.  She has a map of the region with notations like "gives out full-sized candy bars" and "teacher--gives homework passes."  Just before the 2 hour trick-or-treating extravaganza commenced, A told the boys, "I don't know if Mr. G should come.  I'm planning to move pretty fast, so if you can't keep up, you should stick with the moms and the little kids."

I pointed out that Mr. G has been in candidate training and his weekly 3 mile run should have him in tip-top shape for the night.  She nodded and at precisely 5 o'clock took off like a bat out of hell down the street, Team Testosterone keeping pace.  (Oh, and her costume?  Was fabulous--she was the zebra from Madagascar 3--wrapped herself in zebra stripe duct tape and stuck a rainbow afro wig on her head.  Love that girl.)

Darned if those four kids didn't turn up 2 hours later and they weighed their bags on the H's bathroom scale.  Somehow A's bag weighed a full half-pound more than the boys'.



The money house of the year?  Some guy giving out cotton candy.  Verdict?  If you want the Best Halloween Ever, you stick with A.  She'll run you ragged and work you to the bone, but you'll end up with all the candy you'll need for at least a year. 

13 comments:

  1. Ya gotta wonder how much of that cotton candy got eaten and how much got stuck on the wigs and costumes in the neighborhood.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one serious trick or treater!!!! Our kids went to 4 houses and then my mom had a "halloween party" that my middle son requested...it was crazy...everything his little mind could dream up. We have BAGS of candy! I guess the pang of the last halloween (at least for a while) with the kids in the area made all the grands go a bit crazy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That girl needs a power suit! She sounds like an entrepreneur in the making.

    OK, now that it's November 1, I can say it - your October banner picture creeps me out! I would NOT want to knock on your door during the month of October and I scrolled down as fast as I could all month. Yes, I am silly and a weenie when it comes to scary things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of A! My little mermaid didn't do too bad either, but after two blocks she was done. Good, so was I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, that's so funny. I remember the houses that gave out full sized candy bars as a kid. And one gave out $1 bills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds exactly like my girl. She who has the most candy wins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just full of good stuff. Grandma A, the Girl Commando Trick-or-Treater, weighing the candy, and a teacher who gives out homework passes. Score on all counts!

    We haven't had trick-or-treating yet. SOB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cotton candy...hum wouldn't have thought of that

    ReplyDelete
  9. House to house trick or treating is going away in our neighborhood. I had hardly half the kids as I did last year. There are innumerable trunk or treat and business holiday stops but I'm disappointed, I love handing out at the door. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! That's awesome. Exactly how Halloween should be.
    It's funny that you wrote "you love her too, don't you" under the pic of the boys and grandma because when I clicked on the picture to get a better look I seriously sighed and thought "I love that woman" and THEN I read your first paragraph. Hehe! And your boys look pretty freaking cool too (Men in Black, yes?).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's some celebration! Love the Men In Black!

    We get zero trick-or-treaters at the treehouse apartment in the city.
    I got a kick out of my grown-up daughter dressed as Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany's.
    The city throws a huge kid's party in the park with a mile of sponsored booths with candy, games, contests, entertainment.
    We went for a walk about 4pm and watched all the cute little kids arriving in their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great Halloween.............

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds fabulously fun, and A is my type of girl!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.