Thursday, November 29, 2012

green girl promises

I know.  I have a Halloween header on my blog right now.  A freaky zombie/skeleton/ghoul hanging out with a gorgeous homegrown pumpkin.  It looks cool.  It looked real cool a couple months ago.  But yes, I realize that the expiration date on that image is past. 

Here's my dilemma:  when I started this blog, I almost always posted an image with my green Wellington boots.  Well, boots go on the ground and that kind of limits (in my limited imagination) the possibilities.  People have made it clear that they've come to expect the boots, but I'm honestly having a tough time staging the boots with any kind of Christmas theme.  Truly, it's beginning to stress me out.

Last night I even walked around trying a few things.  I propped the boots by the fireplace and hung a few decorations from the tops.  STUPID.  I wrapped the boots with Christmas lights and plugged them in.  DUMB.  I leaned the boots against a wall and brought a wreath to the floor.  RIDICULOUS.  Because who puts a wreath on a floor?  They get hung on a wall, duh.  Then there was a situation involving a Santa hat on the boots which really took the cake for lame.  When Team Testosterone asked what on earth I was doing, they got involved and things spiraled downhill pretty fast.

So.  I'm working on it.  Fantastic, crappy or corny, there WILL be a new header by midnight tonight.  And then we can turn our efforts to more substantial issues, like resolving the fiscal cliff or developing resealable and easy to open graham cracker packaging.  Heck, we might even tackle Saltine cracker packaging while we're at it.  Just as soon as I can get this wise man out of my boot.

16 comments:

  1. Ha! Good luck with that. Just yesterday I was wondering if the skeleton was going to stay forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't changed my header in over a year. I thought about it this morning, maybe it will happen. Maybe it won't.

    I really could use the help with the saltine packaging though, so please get back on that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, please develop better packaging for grahams and saltines. The packages always tear in funny ways, break the crackers, and leftovers end up stale.

    Is there any snow left on the ground by you? What about your boots in the snow? Or under the Christmas tree? Or lined up amid your sons' snow boots? You can do it! And now I can't wait to check back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a header so you know I think you're doing great whatever you put up. I must confess that I did very much like the boots. Good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Festive boot creating then! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the boots and can't wait to see what you come up with. The Santa hat sounded promising :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Sandra's ideas -- especially all the boots lined up together.

    Other thoughts: Boots nestled among the gifts under the tree. Boots on one of your boys. Boots with candy canes hanging off the edge. If you have an Elf on the Shelf, boots with the Elf involved in some way. Boots with a tartan bow around them (you know how I love tartan).

    If you want to veer into fantasy, I'd be happy to help you Photoshop something...

    You know, while you remember all of your headers, most of us have shorter memories, so feel free to repeat an oldie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering if the skeleton was going to wear a Santa hat!

    I can't think about saltine packaging right now. It would put my high anxiety over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The boots are green, so you are halfway there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been trying to change my header photo, too but Blogger dismisses everything I choose as "too big" (phone camera pics, just like the one I use currently) so I'm stuck with summer flowers and the cat. By the time I get my fall leaves to post it will be time for pics of mud and puddles. I'm looking forward to seeing your boots again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading backwards was sloppy of me! I like your wiseman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I am all for solving the graham cracker packaging thing. Have to grab the scissors to open them, every time. And the saltines, too. I like the boots the way they are now. All a natural. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. It turned out great. You need to start thinking about Valentine's Day now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Graham cracker packaging: tell it, girl. This is one of the top issues in my life.

    Also? I love the new header!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.