Monday, December 10, 2012

today we detox

My weekend of being a party girl kicked off with bolwing Friday night and I had the most strikes of the season--finally found my mark!  I also got "hung" 3 times (which is when everyone on your team gets a strike in a frame except for you) and had to buy rounds of shots each time.  Normally a late night out wouldn't be a big deal, but we had to get up early Saturday for the boys' basketball tournaments.

Mr. D and I took Mr. G and Mr. T respectively to their games and nourished ourselves with concession stand popcorn.  Then my dear friend J had a birthday weekend, so after T's basketball tournament I hustled over to a little hole-in-the-wall bar to help celebrate.   This bar had one of my favorite beers on tap.  And there were more shots.  I'd just reached the point of acceptance that another night out would be a lot of fun (thinking I could let Mr. D drive ME home for a change, cowgirl up everybody!) when I suddenly remembered that I'd promised to babysit the neighbor kids!  That night!  What time was it?  Holy crap!  That thought sobers a girl right up (plus some eggs and toast) and I wound up the 2nd shift responsibly keeping watch over a small (and cute and cuddly) flock until midnight.

Sunday morning Mr. D took Mr. G back to finish dominating at a basketball tournament.  I took the balance of our tribe to church, then home to get ready for an evening at LAMBEAU with another couple.  Of course this meant heading to another little hole-in-the-wall bar in a snowstorm, more beer, more shots, a terribly greasy hamburger and deep-fried sides.  (Cowgirl up!  It's Packer Sunday!)  After a few hours of sweating indoors beneath jeans and thermal underwear, we added a couple more layers of clothes and made our way to the stadium to watch the Packers beat the Lions.  They didn't look too impressive last night, but at least Crosby got his mojo back.  And believe me, a winter night at Lambeau with the wind swirling flakes like a snowglobe is pretty darn magical, even if your team isn't playing their best game.  Plus Will Ferrell was there and came out to sing along during "Roll out the barrel."  Will Ferrell!

We got home around midnight again and I woke up today vowing to eat salad and drink lots of water and stay home at night for at least a week.  My cheeks are chapped from cold, my throat is dry from salty food and my head is tired from not enough sleep.  We sure had fun, but now I'm good for a while.  This cowgirl needs a break.

14 comments:

  1. I was sitting at home on Sunday, with a mild headache from my late night of enjoyment while watching the Packers game. All I could think was, "I'm so glad the Colts were smart enough to put a roof on their stadium." Good luck with your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older I get, the longer my recovery time. Nowadays, just being up late leaves me feeling hungover in the morning --no alcohol required! Enjoy your salads --I'll bet they'll taste great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend. I'm glad you had fun. Now, go eat your veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great weekend, but yours sounds like way more fun. It seems like everybody I know was at the game last night. Makes me a little jealous, though it was nice to be warm, while enjoying both the snow and the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little hole in the wall bars will git ya every single time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so there with you. I had two parties on Saturday. My hubby's cousin is in town from Denmark and I'm planning my End of the World Party ;D busy, and eating too much.

    Water and salad...that sounds good :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it was a fun weekend. You need that every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may never eat a salad but I do know where you are coming from most people would as we all get like that if we eat to much food that is not so good for us or drink to much stuff that is also not so good for us.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love dives, they're so fun! Happy hydrating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've been on a similar loop for the last few weeks, juggling soccer tourneys & orchestra concerts with multiple party invites and the creeping crud. It's really not for the weary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man. Those weekends have become pretty painful, haven't they? I remember when they were no problem. Two weekends ago Todd and I went out for one night and stayed out almost until bar close. I suffered for it (though not really a hangover, my entire body ached and my head hurt and I was SO THIRSTY) for DAYS. And of course the following day we were decorating the house with the kids all day. Good grief.

    ANYWAY, still sounds like a stellar weekend. Hope you've had a chance to recoup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you see Ryan? He was at Lambeau, too!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.