Friday, January 25, 2013

speedy

Whirling through the last couple of days--I booked myself solid!  My fabulous new coat's getting a work out and plenty of fresh air with all the running hither, thither and yon.  Speaking of books--Saturday the comment contest will close--one lucky winner will get a copy of Nina Romano's She Wouldn't Sing at My Wedding.
We've got more fresh snow on the ground.
The Bumble Book Club still loves wine, laughter and good reads.
We agreed that Stella Gibbons is a HOOT.
Mr. G has his first wrestling tournament tomorrow.  Or is it a meet?  And Mr. B has basketball.  And we've a wedding to attend.  
I've got a new recipe to try.
And a teen reader lined up to give me feedback on my new YA manuscript.
Now I'm off to spend a day as a middle school social studies/language arts teacher--I have it on good authority there's a big birthday at school today, too, so THERE WILL BE CAKE!


15 comments:

  1. What is your YA manuscript about?

    We're expecting more snow here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is making me grateful that Emma has the day off today, and Rob and I don't have to be on campus on Fridays. We do have a parent/teacher conference, lunch, and a meeting at the bank lined up. Still, that seems peaceful in comparison :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Sounds BUSY but very fun.
    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your teaching certificate is always coming in handy and I am glad that your coat is getting it's proper use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, cake! No longer working at the school, I do miss the birthday spreads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cake is one of my favorite flavors. Busy--not so much. You sound like the best mom in the North.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a busy schedule. All our events this evening have been cancelled due to snow, so we get to spend a cozy evening at home. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We hit 78 yesterday, 3 degrees from the record. I loved it! My folks are coming down in March for a wedding and to spend a week with us. I'm hoping the warmer weather will ease my father's aching joints. I'd take the snow...for two days...if we could trade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my students brought her son by my office the other day and he was such a dead ringer for your youngest, I pulled up Facebook and we all gaped with our mouths wide open. So he's got a doppelganger. I'll have to get a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find your entire rundown so tantalizing that I'd now like a follow-up with details on each item!

    Wow. At what point did I become your Most Demanding Commenter?

    Take it as a compliment: I always want more.

    Hope the subbing was a snap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to be suggested this blog through my cousin.


    I am now not sure whether this publish is

    written by him as nobody else recognise

    such certain

    approximately my problem. You are incredible!

    Thanks!

    Take a look at my homepage 2011 movies releases list
    my web page > 3 star hotels barcelona city center

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for cake!!! That's fun to look forward to :-)

    You are one busy lady! Hope you get a chance to put your feet up for a few minutes along the way.

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be

    ok. I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.


    my website; http://www.nursingthefuture.ca/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42605&sid=079ab23e58ea97b00409dbf0b3323c9d
    my webpage > 3 star hotels barcelona spain

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.