Monday, February 25, 2013

bloated

We made it safe and sound to our girlfriend getaway.  Everyone showed up and we even enjoyed a couple surprise guests.  By six o'clock Friday I'd smiled long enough that my face hurt.  On Saturday my gut hurt from laughing too hard too often.  The digs were lovely, the food divine, the roads clear and we saw Silver Linings Playbook which I recommend heartily.  We talked about current events, culture, children, love and marriage, sex and great books.  We stayed up too late and laughed so much--especially when one of our group accidentally handed her room key card instead of her credit card over to our cute waiter. 

 
And Oh! how we ate!  I consumed:
margaritas
quesadillas (with BACON!)
bean soup
nacho chips and guacamole
cheesecake
wine
steak
tiramisu
beer
cheese


All that indulgence made me feel so bloated and FULL!  Yet I was not as bloated as last night's Oscars ... ironic that people giving awards for film editing have no sense of proportion when it comes to writing an awards show.

Life is good today--overflowing with the blessings of friendship and the time I got to spend with people I love.

12 comments:

  1. Glad to read you had such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that sounds like absolute perfection! What a weekend!
    That food looks delish! What restaurant is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely weekend and the perfect kick-off to your birthday.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes there's a price to pay for a really good time and it sounds 100% worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could use one of these every three weeks--maybe with less food.

    Happy Birthday, Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Birthday ? Well, Happy Birthday and it sounds like you had a great time. I am glad. Have a great week as well... and month... and year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad the snow didn't keep you away! It sounds like a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you and the gals had a phenomenal time. I would love a weekend like this, but all my closest gal friends are the poor, artsy types (that I secretly wish I were), who are spread across the country. I think it would take us more than a year to save the money to gather somewhere for a weekend. Maybe I need to put the idea in their heads and get them saving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, so you and I ARE on the same page regarding food, laughter, and friends!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.