Friday, February 15, 2013

well.

I didn't expect anything. 

I sure as heck didn't have anything to give--other than shredded BBQ pork sandwiches and macaroni & cheese at suppertime.

We've routinely ignored Valentine's Day for years.

You can imagine my reaction when Mr. D showed up at home midafternoon with a gift for me.

I was floored.

He'd told his co-workers his plan and they disapproved.

Get her a Pandora bracelet! they urged him.

But Mr. D knows me. 

He argued that this would be the perfect gift.

No!  That's not a romantic gift!  Admit it--that's more a gift for you than it is for her...

He held his ground and ignored their advice.

Good man.

He nailed it. 

I'm not sure what tickled me more, the perfection of his gift or the surprise of it.


I'm a Bond girl--with a side of really good chocolates.

Thank you, Big Daddy.

19 comments:

  1. Having a husband who really knows you is perfection. That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sweet :-)

    P.S. I got the Pandora bead lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for perfect, unexpected gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you got something..............I got nothing.............hubby got a card and a box of chocolates...........lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your husband deserves an A+ for that gift. That movie is great and who wouldn't like a box of chocolates to eat while watching it? Now does this mean that you'll be exchanging gifts every year from now on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fanstastic! I had to google Pandora Bracelet. I actually hadn't heard of that. I love that he went with his insticts. Good man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!

    By the way, we had shredded beef sandwiches cooked in the crock-pot with BBQ sauce and rootbeer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. During the Christmas "He went to Jared" season, I reminded my husband that he'd beat any diamond last Christmas by getting me a share of Packers stock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping home in mid afternoon would be a great gift of himself. And then to bring chocolate and a movie. Wow. Good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice post ,loved your blog its great.
    Aunt Mary
    easyway1234.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolates and anything...that's what I say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE James Bond! Have yet to see the newest one:) love it when our husbands know us sooo well:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful combination. I also got Skyfall for Valentine's Day, but no chocolate. I gave up candy for Lent.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.