Monday, March 25, 2013

treats


It's the Peepmobile!  (As opposed to the Popemobile, although just as appropriate for the Easter season).  Team Testosterone and I went to the Twin Cities to visit my folks.  They were spoiled rotten at the Mall of America where they rode roller coasters and ate all kinds of treats, like Jamba Juice.  I warned the boys ahead of time that we were going to the city, so, you know, no peeing outside.  We had to use our gentrified manners. 


They were astounded by all the amazing things available at the MoA.  Mr. G begged to go through the Nike Store, Mr. T admired a display of throwing stars and katanas.  They visited their aunt during her shift at Hollister where they were mightily impressed by the video feed of Huntington Beach.  Amidst the displays of polo shirts and shorts, Team Testosterone asked if I planned to purchase a surfboard for them.  I explained the surfboards were for display purposes only, which did not impress them at all.  They definitely were more at home at Nickelodean Universe where I stayed grounded while they spun and flung through the air.  Besides, somebody had to stand still and take pictures, right?


The grandparents treated the boys like kings and we had a chance to catch up without the usual interruptions of holiday celebrating.  I think my dad enjoyed this heavy dose of testosterone.  He grew up with 2 brothers, but only raised daughters.  It was probably a rare treat to have a boy sit beside him to watch NCAA basketball over the weekend.

Now I'm back to my regular grind of revisions, laundry and refilling the birdfeeders.  Happy Passover to my Jewish Peeps and condolences to everyone snowed in again even though it's spring time.  I'm trying to ignore the fact that we're still breaking out the snow shovels instead of trowels right now.




12 comments:

  1. I have never been there but it looks so fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't been to MoA since it was newly built. Good heavens, it has only gotten bigger.
    It is a great place to hang out with weather like this. Glad their grandpa got a bit of a testosterone fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to tell you that your comment about Martha Stewart's zits cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I warned the boys ahead of time that we were going to the city, so, you know, no peeing outside. We had to use our gentrified manners."

    I just had to read this out loud to my family. We are all dying over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen the peep mobile but I have seen and followed the Oscar Mayer wiener mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to show that to my guys. We love peeps! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, more snow expected :) My sister lives in northern Minn and I love the Twin cities too! Btw, is that your porch in the header with the nice plant pots?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh, The Mall of America. Such a magical place. I used to love it there. I haven't been in such a long time. You make me want to go back again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fun for your boys!!!!
    yep...there is snow on my pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun visit! I have resorted to feeding the chipmunk. He is the only sign of spring I have seen so far and I can tell he's not happy with the snow either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WElll then, as a new visitor, perhaps this spring-summer we shall see more shots around the place, hmm? :)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.