Tuesday, April 23, 2013

home again

Back from Charlottesville where all kinds of wonderful happened!  I met some cool people, I saw a World Heritage site, I ate deep-fried potato salad. 

But of course when one returns home life picks up the thread and starts jerking it tightly into place.  I'll be back tomorrow with all the juicy details.  Meanwhile, if there's anything you wanted to know about Thomas Jefferson, Jen on the Edge, Becky Calvert or Patience Crabstick, leave your questions in the comment box. (Can't say I can answer all of those questions, but you never know!)

Hm...maybe I should've gone to UVA...the library vibe here is pretty impressive.
Today I'm off to sub for a music teacher, so start stuffing the cotton in your ears!  LA LA LA!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good trip! Deep fried potato salad? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed on Jen's blog that you went to Monticello. Oh how I LOVE Monticello and did you know that Thomas Jefferson is my boyfriend? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. J1 so wanted to go to UVA--her application essays were incredible, but alas it was not meant to be, as they only admit about 15 students from Georgia each year and she was not one of them. That is definitely on our list of Georgia Tech away games some year...when we can pencil it in. I love TJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deep Fried Potato Salad? Monticello is nice and all, but I want to hear about that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems that anything at all gets deep fried nowadays. Is that the instant road to hardened arteries and a heart attack? It certainly is no culinary highlight..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great to meet you in person! Next time I hope we have a longer visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deep fried potato salad -- do tell! I'll take a recipe for that and the Bacon Jam for $400, please.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.