Friday, July 26, 2013

flutter

I finally saw 3 monarch butterflies in the garden yesterday!  Am relieved by that discovery.

The shed project is ours, our shed going up on our property.  It's kind of a unique space built according to Mr. D's dreams and it involves indoor practice areas for baseball and basketball.  Here's the latest:


These construction workers are wearing shirts because it got a little chilly last night.


So much precision in the dumping of concrete.


I don't know who had the hardest job, the drivers or the shovelers.


Then last night I met some friends at a wine bar and thought of Kat when I saw these bottles on the wall behind our table.  I thought it was brandy made in Sheboygan, Wisconsin!  Turns out it's a Pinot Noir made somewhere in Oregon.  I didn't sample it (because after reading Blackbird's post it felt like a Riesling kind of night--I'm highly suggestible that way), but I do wonder where they got that name from.  Sheboygan does not make me think "fine wine."  It's more "beer and brats."

Happy Weekend!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering my question! I imagine it will be excellent to have indoor sports practice space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's way bigger than a mere shed! That's a gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the Sheboygandy.....it definitely brings to mind beer and brats, not a fine wine. Mr D is a lucky man for being able to have his dream 'shed'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't call that a shed. It looks more like the beginning of a barn to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you were describing your sports barn to me in April, I had an image in my mind. Now that I've seen the photos of the foundation pour, I'm having to resize my mental image by a considerable amount.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty much the biggest 'shed' ever?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband would love that kind of "shed", but he'd skip the sports and make sure it had a good stereo system and wood-working facilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys are going to love that space! You are such a good "boy mom" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS I'm in Sheboygan too - so if you ever come to visit, we should definitely get a beer and a brat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I expect to hear the Happy Schnapps Combo serenading as we imbibe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's some HUGE shed project...that looks like it's bigger than my house.
    What a fun place that's going to be for your house full of testosterone.
    As for Sheboygan...definitely beer and brats...awwww,
    Life IS good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep missing your posts, not sure how but I can't seem to add you to the side bar on mine - I'm now following although I thought I already was!
    That shed sounds amazing, there are a few people in this house who will be soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will not let my husband see this post. I will not let my husband see this post. I will not...
    HOLY SHED!!!! (that sounded bad at first) That is an amazing shed being built. My husband would be SO JEALOUS even though he just built a 4 car garage up north. He is always looking for another project. That looks man-dreamy! Wow!

    And yes. Sheboygan is more beer and brats. I have a brewery down the street from where I live, actually. ;) But I do like the name of the wine! :)

    Glad you are finally seeing some butterflies again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, I think your "shed" deserves a new name-- Like "awesomely big building".
    :-)
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the building project. LOL @ the wine. I saw a beer with a red plaid label that was brewed right here in Montana. That made me wonder too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shed, in my mind, is not big enough for indoor ball games or even indoor practice. That is a seriously BIG building! You guys live in boy heaven, don't you?

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.