Since I'm subbing tomorrow (4th and 5th grade combined!), I'm listing my gratitude today. I'm so, so very blessed with good things. Every day I'm thankful for something--a lot of things--but a few surprises landed in my lap in the last 24 hours:
* Mr. D had a business call Up North and brought home truffles, brownies and baklava from this place especially for me. He's not one for romantic gestures, but the man knows the way to my heart involves my stomach and excellent chocolates. Divine pastry works, too. Unexpected, without ulterior motive and utterly delicious.
* Mr. G and I have been playing a LOT of catch with the ol' pigskin lately. I love playing catch with that kid, he bonds over physical activity. Together we practice our touchdown dances and our madd ball handling skillz. What really snags my heart is when he tells me I'm a good football player and asks if girls can be in the NFL? Because you could be, mom, if you were bigger.
* My three boys baking in the heat decide to sleep on the living room floor where it's cooler. It's special to wake up and find them sprawled together having a brotherly sleepover.
* Discovering that I can, in fact, have gutters on the barn. It ended up being cheaper than the alternative AND will provide my greenhouse with barrels of water, making my entire enterprise more zero-waste and sustainable than I expected.
* Working with an incredibly gifted young writer--and seeing how she appreciates and absorbs the feedback I give her.
* A quiet afternoon to finish my own writing project.
* Reading a powerful reminder of how God can use our screw-ups for good. And then reflecting on how He's done it in my own life.
Spill it, reader. What's sweet in your world?