* Mr. T shot his first deer! Alone! I'm thankful he got the opportunity and took care of it so well--and that he's so pleased with himself. His brothers are buzzing about meat in the freezer and venison sausage now ...
* All heating systems are GO here in this wicked, freezing weather.
* I'm glad we got quiet time with the cribbage board over the weekend.
* I'm thankful for three sons who play together and apart without a hitch. I'm thankful for their remorse after they fight, too.
* I'm grateful to go to a church that talks about God in a practical way, not in an obscure or distant way.
* I'm doubly grateful for a church where scripture comes first and my kids are burying it in their hearts. God's Word has more power than ideas about what is right and wrong, I want my kids to KNOW the difference, not just rely on their "feelings" about morality.
* I'm so grateful for the quiet time one on one with my sons--time to read, time to talk, time to sit and attend to who they are.
* I'm thankful for a fridge full of options when I don't feel like cooking.
* I appreciate the little ways people pitch in to keep the world humming along, like holding doors open for strangers, emptying dishwashers when not asked, patting dogs on the head in a friendly fashion.
* This post is about starting points, but I am thankful to end each day in a big comfy armchair with a book in my lap in a quiet house.
Spill it, reader: what starting points make you grateful today?