* The Momvan is FULL of shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. Mr. B's class was generous beyond his expectations with some people making up extra boxes for children across the ocean.
* Mr. T and I have a new tradition: watching Dr. Who together on Saturday nights. It's pretty cool to have something just the two of us share.
* Our fair city is rolling out recycling dumpsters next week--the same size as the ginormous garbage bins each household got a few years ago. I'm so excited because now people's recycling won't blow all over the place and we won't have to clean it up out of our fields and ditches. I'm excited because it'll make recycling easier for everybody. I'm excited because I started bugging a city official about this years ago and it's finally a reality.
* I scored the artist I wanted for my next book cover and a couple of readers have begun work on scouring my MS for errors. Kicks Like a Girl is on pace for a 2014 release.
* Team Testosterone finally takes homework seriously--two because they've lost privileges due to last quarter's grades and one because he has set lofty goals of straight A's. Whatever motivates them, right?
* We're so blessed to have enough land for Team Testosterone to enjoy deer hunting without much fuss. Bundle up and off they go into the woods. No driving, no packing, no crazy x-rated deer camp to unduly influence my sons.
* P.G. Wodehouse.
* Some truly fantastic teachers work at Team Testosterone's school.
* All the major and minor appliances are working these days. Even the Momvan starts without a hitch.
* Early snow fell this morning. The sight of it is better than the barren, frozen landscape we've had to look at for the last week.
* An afternoon free to work out the final scenes of my YA manuscript ... it's almost finished!