Friday, December 6, 2013

BAM!

 I woke up to the sound of giggling. 


Giggling gave way to pounding feet and shouting.


Then the aerosol shhhhhhhhht!
 


Team Testosterone and the house were coated in silly string by 7:15 this morning and Mr. G ate his breakfast with a grin on his face.  "I never imagined this morning would turn out like this, Mom."  Upstairs is a war zone and I sent them off to school in a merry mood.

Their only disappointment was waking up to silly string but finding their father had already left the house.  Ever resourceful, they got some charcoal briquettes from the garage and dropped them in his stocking as "a warning from Santa to stop being bad."  

Off to find the vacuum now...

13 comments:

  1. I think they should do the vacuuming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What they did to dad's stocking - that's so funny! I love that you have all those maps up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You are the BEST mom ever!!!!
    That is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know that silly string vacuumed up? That's a useful piece of knowledge . . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Cassi said - does silly string vacuum up? I've never let Edie have it in the house. We're still pulling play dough out of various rugs and crevices (the keyhole on the back door). Silly string in the house just seemed like not a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a taste of the northern winters down south this weekend. Our water pipes froze last night and closing in on 4pm we are still trying to thaw them out. Such an uncommon occurrence we did not perform preventative maintenance last night... and we should have :(. I anticipate a good end but it is taking longer to get there.

    Hope your holidays are full of fun and festivity.
    Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does that stuff vacuum easily??? Sure hope so! What a good mom you are to allow them such fun before the school day begins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure I could cope with silly string at 7.15am! I hope it vacuumed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally, I'd have made them vacuum up their messes.

    Nice job to you for such a fun gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the patience of a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had bad luck with cleaning up the greasy marks from silly string, but you obviously have the patience of a saint (Mrs. G. is right!) and I'm guessing that the glee of your boys made it all worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only 2 short hours ago I was thinking of you while I bought the silly string for my kids' stockings. I never would have predicted you letting them do it in the house, though! Thankfully, it will be warmer than zero by Christmas, so my kids will be playing with their silly string outside.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.