Friday, February 7, 2014

overheard in the dojo...

I know!  I actually attended karate class this week!  For the first time in two months!

See if you can guess which one was me:

"Hey, I hear there's a new karate book coming out soon."

"Yeah, that's the word on the street."

"I heard it's supposed to be pretty good."

"I read it about a hundred times.  It's not bad."



Meanwhile ... formatting issues now plague the Kindle version.  All that crap people tell you about enjoying the creative control over their work?  Bullshit. 

And now I'm off to clench my teeth and fiddle with paragraph indentations some more...

7 comments:

  1. LOL! Try not to stress too much. Keep chocolate close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I can't imagine which one you must have been. Have a glass of dry white wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose you're the understated character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. from Dilbert "must...control...fists...of...death...."

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a pain to format the Kindle version, because I find many of the books I read on the Kindle to have the odd formatting problem. Usually it doesn't get in the way of the story, though :-)

    However, I probably won't buy the Kindle version of your book --it's kind of fun to have real books sometimes, and I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of like print books, too. I like my Kindle, but it's not the same. Wishing you good luck continuing with your editing and formatting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, it sounds stressful! I prefer a paper version, but then again I don't have a kindle so maybe that's why!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.