Friday, July 18, 2014

The Scarlet Wench

One of my writing partners is M.K. Graff, author of the Nora Tierney series.  To know M. K. is to fall in love.  She's one of those warm, interesting, friendly people to whom hospitality comes as easy as breathing air.  She's curious about the world around her, thoughtful beyond compare and compassionate.  I call her "sister" and my life is richer for knowing her.

Plus she's a terribly clever writer.  (You can read her blog and book reviews here!)  Her Nora Tierney mystery series is placed in England, and they're "cozies," which means they aren't chock full of blood and gore.  More suspenseful and character driven, the settings come alive and for an armchair traveler they help me feel like I know the U.K. quite well.

Her latest book is The Scarlet Wench.  Set in the Lake District at a vacation lodge, a troupe of actors has arrived to rehearse and perform Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit.  A body turns up...and then another...and the intrepid Nora Tierney, along with her hunky detective sidekick Declan Barnes, are on the case to solve the mystery of WHODUNNIT.
 http://www.bridlepathpress.com/Books/TheScarletWench/tabid/254/Default.aspx

Sound good?  It is.  I've enjoyed all three books in this series.

Want a copy?

I'm giving away an autographed book to one lucky commenter.  Each comment in the box equals a chance to win M.K. Graff's latest installment in the Nora Tierney series.

Spill it, reader.  Tell me why you love a good mystery!




 © 2014 Melissa Westemeier All Rights Reserved

10 comments:

  1. It all started with Nancy Drew!

    Also, pick me! Pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being kept on my toes as I read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I've actually finished a book in the past few weeks so I am on a roll. Would love to start a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a Hardy Boys Mystery girl. I even watched the TV shows! Love trying to figure out the mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother was fan of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple when I was growing up and passed that love of a good mystery on to me. Especially the love of a good English mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at the Lake District.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, all I read is mysteries, morning noon and night, since I was small! What do I love about them? They are real. They show us what happens in the underworld, OR in the normal world when something goes VERY wrong. I love unraveling them like a crossword :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good but not gory mystery. I just love seeing how the tale is told and how the puzzle pieces are revealed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best part of a good mystery is how it unfolds. Gone Girl, while having characters that left me feeling I needed a shower afterwards, totally kept me on my toes. I love that in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cozies. I love mysteries. I love contests! This fits a lot of things for me.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.