I've got about 15 papers left to grade (because we totally know that if I bust my ass to get that done tonight we will get a 2 hour delay because of the snow tomorrow. You're welcome in advance, everybody.) so here's a fast fifth of what I'm feeling thankful for before I return to the stack:
41. Snow flocking trees. I mean, it does look pretty.
43. And boots. Especially my brown leather ones that are super warm and comfy.
44. Perfect eyesight.
45. That validated, understood and satisfied feeling when a person next to you says exactly what you're thinking. Especially when that thought isn't necessarily acceptable.
47. Screw Iowa Writers Club--Nina Romano, MK Graff, Mariana Damon, Lauren Small. Divine goddesses, each one of them.
48. A talent for editing.
49. Super-sharp pencils.
50. Earthy smells--compost, leaf piles, mowed grass.
51. Keeping my wind after a good run.
52. Since running came up, Disco.
54. And Country music for when I feel a little red-neckish.
55. A real greenhouse from which I cut a bag of fresh spinach two days ago.
56. Learning to type.
57. Birds singing.
58. Crickets chirping.
59. ALL the BBC productions. It's practically all I watch on TV anymore--Sherlock, Dr. Who, Inspector Lewis, Endeavor, Downton Abbey, Foyle's War. Thank you, PBS.
60. Pfft. Who are we kidding? Anything British, am I right, Jen?
Spill it, reader. Give some more thanks.