Friday, November 21, 2014
So many blessings--even on a long, drudge of a day when I had to confiscate a cell phone (and bicker with the kid about it, to boot!), bite my tongue when most of the 7th hour AP kids didn't read their assigned pages (I'd have gone off, really), learn all about gang symbols so I can ID them (who knew gangs were still a thing?), and haul home six folders full of work to grade. Even with the frustrations, the bright spots included a piece of chocolate from a sweet girl in 3rd hour, the faithfully consistent, earnest efforts of 1st hour, my colleague across the hall who gamely accepted my prank on him in the spirit I intended and watching a guidance counselor ROCK it while she navigated a tricky problem with a student this afternoon. To continue my annual list of things I'm so very grateful for:
13. A full pantry.
15. Three sons who always make me smile and still hug me.
17. Book club.
18. So many good books to read and discuss.
19. Windows. (My classroom doesn't have any, so my appreciation of them has increased tenfold.)
20. OPEN windows. Good grief, winter came early this year. Early and harsh. Have begun counting down to April when I can smell fresh air and hear birdsong through the screens again.
21. The woods.
22. The prairie and fields, too.
23. NPR. (even though I had to turn it off this morning when the news made me too mad.)
Spill it, reader. A few blessings. What makes you especially thankful?