I couldn't find the wreath on which we've traditionally pinned our "thankful leaves" this year, but a bulletin board is doing the trick. Team Testosterone seems most thankful for food products and friends. As for me, my leaves included sunshine, a warm house and a quiet afternoon. I'm spread thin these days, so I'm spreading out my gratitude over a few extra days to relish the process. Let's begin this forsooth--to wit, I am filled with gratitude for:
1. Those hotel-sized bottles of shampoo which I've used in a pinch when I ran out of my regular shampoo earlier this week.
2. On that note, great haircuts.
3. Only two work days next week. TWO! TWO! You have no idea how much HOPE that's giving every teacher at Happyland High right now. We breathe it like a mantra, having had no days off since the school year started. Two day week. Two day week.
4. The Momvan still reliably starts and moves everyone from Point A to Point B. She deserves an oil change and a tire rotation and I'm going to get that for her next week.
5. Really good teachers for Team Testosterone. They enjoy going to school and learning.
6. Coffee. Especially at 1:30 in the afternoon.
7. Mr. D going grocery shopping tonight and starting the dishwasher yesterday. It's the little things, isn't it?
8. Indoor plumbing. Seriously easy to take that for granted, but I try to remember to appreciate it.
9. Fantastic co-workers who have consistently been kind, welcoming and helpful from the first day I showed up to sub last March.
10. This one is totally indulgent--SmartWool socks. Last night my friend Diane and I were pleased as punch to discover we were wearing matching socks and we extolled the virtues of the SmartWool sock to our fellow Bumbles. Warm, durable, totally worth the money.
11. My friend Nick for Skyping me into a pretty groovy jazz session at a coffee shop tonight .