Friday, February 13, 2015

number of the week: 9

Finally it's Friday, sweet Friday.  I spent Monday night at a wrestling meet an hour away to watch my kid wrestle one match (Mr. B got a pin!) and have two byes.
I got home at nine. 
Then I spent Tuesday night teaching at church and then drove home at 35 mph because the roads were slow with fresh snow.
I got home at nine.
Wednesday night I had book club, which was good in that I always enjoy the Bumbles and the book was fabulous.  The venue, however, was not so nice.  My overpriced food was mediocre and the service lousy.  The wine was fine, but by midweek I'd drink Boone's Farm and feel pleased.
I got home at nine.
Thursday I shuttled kids to and from practices and spent the remainder of my night glued to my ipad where a basketball game played out with much intensity. (We'd have gone to the game except for the practices on our schedule.) Mr. G and Mr. B and I sat on the couch and held our breath through the second half of a live stream, we didn't even get commercial breaks. Our team lost and we were crushed.
The game got done around nine. 
All week long I've been busy from six in the morning until nine at night.  I'm tapped, shellacked, wiped and zonked.
Tonight I came home after work and dashed out twice to pick up children (one my own, two belonging to other people). I ordered pizza to be delivered. I read a week's worth of blogs, cleared up some bill-paying and paperwork, wrote two letters, tidied up the piles and ran a load of wash. I'm ready for bed and guess what?
It's not even nine yet.


11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I hope there is some rest planned for your weekend and maybe Valentine's fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get a break soon? - it's winter break week in Michigan and it's such a nice thing for the teachers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a crazy schedule. And honestly, winter just makes all that stuff harder, because you had to leave your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The wine was fine, but by midweek I'd drink Boone's Farm and feel pleased."

    Hahahahaha! Green Girl, you rock. How many days until Spring break? You're gonna make it. Believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've earned the early bedtime. Take it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. Exhausting week. Are you ready for summer yet? I am.
    I am done with this nasty cold. I am done with the constant running, running, running (next week is much of the same-if not worse). Thankfully it is Friday. And today the kids are off of school. Weehoo!
    Hope you were able to sit back and relax a little last weekend and this weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was much like my week. My husband told me the 15yo has been missing me and I didn't believe it... but it actually turned out to be true. I'm reassessing this week's schedule.

    PS: My book group meets in homes. The hostess either chooses potluck and assigns dishes or takes on the meal -- fancy or not, her choice. The rest of us bring wine. It's cozy and inexpensive. Just a thought! (Probably doesn't work with kids at home, though... I've never hosted.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually had to stop halfway through this post and take a sympathetic cat nap. I am so tired for you, honey.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.