Friday, July 10, 2015

honest to pete

Mr. G's birthday is coming up soon and we've gotten into the habit of giving events and experiences instead of stuff to the boys. Last year he went to a Brewer game, for Christmas he got tickets to watch an Iowa-Wisconsin college basketball game. This year he asked for some football cards, a binder for his extensive card collection, and some pages. Such a modest request, plus we still like watching the kids unwrap something on their special day.

Football cards, binder and page inserts have been ordered--and so have tickets to a very special event.

We've never taken the kids to anything like this before. Heck, Mr. D and I have never been to anything like this before ourselves--we've bought tickets to a Renaissance Fair, an opera, the circus and car races but never, ever to this. Without a doubt this is one of the weirdest, most outrageous things I've ever laid out my Visa card to purchase, but when Mr. G opens this envelope, he will go positively crazy with excitement.


1. There will be face paint.
2. There will be payback.
3. There will be a main event.

Spill it, reader. Can you imagine what we've got in store for our youngest?  
I'll let you in on the surprise next week...with pictures. And stay tuned for a book giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. You're making him run away and join the circus? Nahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be professional wrestling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea! Meeting the players at a football game? (The face paint is those black marks the players put underneath their eyes, and it probably has a name but I have no idea what it is.) But it 's the wrong season for football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue Man Group?

    Cirque du Soleil?

    A rodeo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my like Jennifer I was guessing Cirque du Soliel?...then I wondered WWE...can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am at a loss. Cirque de Soleil came to mind. Also a circus (but that wouldn't be crazy to most people). Comic-con? Blue Man group is just plain cool, not so crazy. I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm clueless... and VERY curious! World-con is here in Spokane next month, but I'm pretty sure you haven't purchased tickets to that.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.