Thursday, July 16, 2015

the main event

To recap: Mr. G's big birthday surprise involves face paint, payback and a main event. This experience will be testosterone-fueled and may require Mr. D to grow out his hair into a mullet. The yelling, the hype, the intensity will be unparalleled by any other experience known to mankind.

Tuesday the kid opened the box...


Read the tickets and grinned...

And then it really hit him...

Holy moly! Five ringside seats at WWE SMACKDOWN next month!  Big time match-ups with some of the greatest wrestlers in the history of the sport!

INSERT DESCRIPTION

There will be trash-talking, chair smashing, pile driving, tag-team brawling and something called a "tombstone."  (And, we shall assume, there will be a fair amount of hyperbole with some extemporaneous name-calling.)

Bray-Wyatt-and-Dean-Ambrose

So, next month, Mr. G, his dad and brother and two buddies will watch this epic contest and display of athleticism LIVE! I drew the short straw (in a totally rigged contest to see who would get to go) and will stay home and watch it on TV if only to catch a glimpse of my people ringside. The boys are already discussing which t-shirts to wear and signs to make, Mr. G is Team Undertaker while Mr. B is pure Dean Ambrose all the way.


Spill it, reader. Have you ever watched WWE? Old school or new school? My favorite wrestler hands-down is The Rock. I always thought he brought some class to the sport.



15 comments:

  1. I watched wrestling at school because one of my kids participated in the sport, but the sharing of sweat has never been a draw for me. For a view of The Rock, I might watch it on TV. RIgging the draw in order to receive the short stick was a good call in my book! You are a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! My 30yr old is a HUGE fan. He's gone to Smackdown, Raw and he goes to NXT (developmental is in Orlando) every month.

    We watch together and we all watch the Total Divas. He has met all the wrestlers from NXT and the WWE wrestlers when they come down for appearances in Orlando.

    He has loved wrestling since he was a little kid. Right now he is a big fan of Finn Balor at NXT.
    I hope G has a great Birthday and a great time at WWE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect boys only event to me - good job on drawing the short straw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Awesome gift. Scoring major points with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, no wrestling fans here, but I sure like The Rock --I just like to watch him in movies :-) I hope the boys have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great present for Mr. G! I hope he has fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty sweet gift.
    I used to watch with my dad, when I was pretty little. I was half amused and half transfixed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to watch it way back in the 80's, then my baby sister started body slamming the dog and cats and we weren't allowed to watch it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh, they'll all have a BLAST!
    My grandmother was a HUGE WWE fan. And my husband has done a bunch of work for them and met several of the wrestlers. It's all great fun for the folks that are into this kind of thing. (I'm with you and would stay home.)
    Happy belated birthday!
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to see the mullet.

    I've never watched WWE, but I do like The Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! What a great present! Good job!
    I have never watched WWE but I remember the old school guys. Guys like Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan and Rowdy Roddy Piper. Honestly, most of the wrestlers scared me when I was a kid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never have watched, but I have to say I could really get into the world of UFC and MMA, if given the chance. GREAT gift for your GREAT boy.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.